• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of Secession

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
「War of Secession」

By Uklabokalala

Gameplay
[tr]
During the American Civil War, General Ulysses S. Grant falls into Lee's trap. Grant's Army stumbles right into the 48th Virginia regiment in South Carolina. Troops line up for battle and Lincoln send telegraphs on the plans of attack. The plans are to take the city, forest, and plains. Once taken, Lee's forces will be vulnerable.

Play as the Union or Confederate in a map based off the American Civil War. Use cannons and crank machine guns to blow and mow down charging forces. Use cavalry to charge the opposing force. Use may different tactics to win the battle, and remember, war isn't fair.

Screenshots
[tr]
241022-albums8167-picture98189.png

241022-albums8167-picture98190.png

241022-albums8167-picture98191.png

Features
[tr]
Control Points
Fast Battles
Alien Easter Egg
Ammunition
A brief history from Wikipedia

Credits
[tr]
Map Maker: Uklabokalala, Models: Fingolfin, HerrDave, Cavman, Mechanical Man, MiniMage, and whoever made this:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btninv_misc_ammo_bullet_01-a-55201/?prev=search%3Dbullet%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Changelog
[tr]
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Civil War, War of Secession, War, Civil, Gettysburg, South Carolina
Contents

War of Secession (Map)

Reviews
10:02, 31st May 2015 Shadow Fury: I don't really get the meaning of this map. I don't even know what has to be done. No informative quest log, no instructive messages, just a base with a hero and some enemy units called Confederate. Should I kill...

M

10:02, 31st May 2015
Shadow Fury: I don't really get the meaning of this map. I don't even know what has to be done. No informative quest log, no instructive messages, just a base with a hero and some enemy units called Confederate. Should I kill them all? I don't know... should I destroy the enemy bases? I don't know... The unbearably interminable cooldowns of all units and the somewhat relatively "quick" attack speed of the heroes caused unbalances. 1 hero can kill almost hundreds of infantry units despite his low HP and the absence of active combat skills. Just a holy light and a remake of trueshot aura won't make it :/ Control points occasionally move in unreachable places like within trees.
Overall the map cannot be accepted as long as there are such misconceptions and confusions. For now, this is rejected. When you'll provide enough info about what to do to win/lose and improve the heroes, your map may be approved.

Level 10
why is town hall cannot be killed and why take so long to attack?

tent tooltip is missing
thanks, I'll fix the tent problem and I'll also add the rules to playing the game above. Then you'll see why the town hall is invulnerable. And troops take so long to reload because that's how long it took back then, or as i said a little bit shorter.