• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War at the Gilneas gate

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first map ever, so please no stupid comments :)
i´m working alone on a campaign project, and this map will be the first map in it.

This is a 2vs1 map and you can play it with friends.

If something is wrong, comment and i´ll fix it.
If there is a bug, comment and i´ll fix it.
If the terrain and so on is bad, comment and i´ll fix it.
If you got an idea, comment and we´ll see if i can fix it.

Well, i will do my best, i´ll promise.
And i will be pretty busy because i will make a trailer and upload it on youtube and i will create my second map.

Play and enjoy! :)
Contents

War at the Gilneas gate (Map)

Reviews
12:28, 12th Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 5
LOL..
You Know What..
[-] Bad GamePlaY
[-] Poor Terrain
[-] Not Enough Gold Mines
[-] At the start, i dont know what will happen until the abomination wave.. so you should put something in the quest menu showing you must defend and blablabla..
[-] Improve Description with these BB Codes.
:) Vote: REJECTION

Last edited:
Level 31
War at the Gilneas gate is a defense/survival genre map by BlackWorgen. To begin with, the description are definitely unacceptable as it have no clues of what is the map all about which it failed to comply with the map submission rules as the rules indicates an description must have adequate information about it. Failure to comply with submission rules would have the map being rejected.

Next comes the terrain, the terrain obviously a work of newbies as it lack of the proper use of tiles variation, terrain height and destructible/doodad. The entire map was flat and 95% of the terrain was entirely pack with nothing but the tree itself.

Scripting/Triggering contain memory leaks, which often an mistake by newbies in World Editor that often cause an serious fps drops. As the scripting/triggering is defective, player with poor performance computer would probably experience an lag during the gameplay.

Next comes the unit object, those entire unit in the map was nothing but the basic unit that often player seen in melee genre game. The only thing the author does was reducing the build time and changing the name of the unit.

Gameplay and replayability values are absolutely zero, it turn downs the will of the player to even play the map the moment it started cause the map have many poor aspect such as the lack of details.

Overall, the map quality was very poor and it was obvious a work of newbies which I strictly recommend the author to visit the hiveworkshop tutorial section to get an crash course of how to use World Editor in proper way (Click Here) while an comment/opinion at map development section (Click Here) since map section are strictly restricted to complete map (Beta stage map).

The quality control of map standard at hiveworkshop was stricter and tougher than it's past, thus this map does not meet the min quality requirement to be approve. In other word, it was 1/5 (Unacceptable) and my vote was Rejected.

Level 31
I rate this resource by 1/5 and I suggest it to be rejected due to its way too poor quality.

1. Description at THW needs an improvement.
2. Why Player 9 have more forces at the beginning that its ally?
3. Objectives do not exist.
4. Training Tooltip lie, it says, for example, Train Footman, and a unit is called Gilneas Soldier. Same with other units.
5. All I see is Abominations, Abominations and more of Abominations, the variaty is too low, implent more units.
6. Terrain and environment art is way too tragic, needs more work.
7. Why to make it 2 versus 1? Espeically of that the one is basically controlling Abominations only..
8. Why to give so many forces at the beginning? It is like some updrages and plenty of Farms been planted and not needed anymore.
9. The entire map contains nothing exceptional: basic units, basic buildings, upgrades - nothing interesting and impressive, meaning the work of Object editor is terrible. This makes the map not interesting at all.
10. I destryed all forces of Player 2 and the game was still on, makes no sense I guess.
11. As I understood the description, 20th wave is suppoosed to be the last one, somewhy there was 21st and more..
12. Tichondrius has died and the game didn't end, somewhy.. Meaning there is no victory conditions.
13. In the Loading Screen, Tichondrius is spelled wrongly.
14. When a group of Abominations wiped out my bunch of forces, then turned back and ran to the position where they were summoned. It means there triggering system is badly developed.
15. Entire Player 2 forces were gathering only in the centre of Player 9, why Player 1 is being ignored?
16. Entire forces of Play 1 and 9 had been destroyed and the game was still on, meaning there is no Defeat conditions.

This is my first map ever, so please no stupid comments :)
I don't understand people like you, if you're new, it doesn't give you any permission to upload garbage into this site. If this would be allowed, THW would be full of this kind of maps, made in less than several hours or in less than an hour, like this one..

Generally, work of less than hour, please do not upload such resources here.
Of course, you are welcome to improve your work. The purpose of my post is not to say it is a crap, but to help you to improve it.

Level 31
Yeah, it must be my fault, because at 12:39 your comment was posted and at 12:40 was mine, one minute difference. That's right, I shouldn't have posted that, you don't want to improve anymore, seems like I ignored your post. Sorry.

Don't ignore my or Septimus's review if you don't want to see the same in your next work, read and learn from your mistakes. But whatever, you make those like a factory, map in few hours, guess you're not the one who would be willing to improve or pour more effort into it.

Level 10
I´m not a guy who plays 2 hours per day dude... if u knew me, u would throw out my computer out of the window :p
XD, of course i wouldn't, but just wait until my back heals. Still, i don't change my mind, making a really awesome map takes a lot of manhours to do. and you would also need to concider the endless reading of the tutorials page (It is extremely helpful tough...). Believe me, i know.

Level 21
Well like everyone else said I'll be rejecting it.

You tried your best, but it didn't turn out to great now did it?
Oh and by the way practice makes perfect man and how about you upload something else that might take your heart and soul into it.

Level 10
Not true, you can make a perfectly good map in a week. Look at those that participated in the weekend mapping contest, we made decent fun maps in 2 days, if we had a week, imagine how good they would have been.
Well, that was mini-games i recall? Personally i am thinking of a rather large map, tough, i did not suggest that in any way.

Level 15
I rate this resource by 1/5 and I suggest it to be rejected due to its way too poor quality.

1. Description at THW needs an improvement.
2. Why Player 9 have more forces at the beginning that its ally?
3. Objectives do not exist.
4. Training Tooltip lie, it says, for example, Train Footman, and a unit is called Gilneas Soldier. Same with other units.
5. All I see is Abominations, Abominations and more of Abominations, the variaty is too low, implent more units.
6. Terrain and environment art is way too tragic, needs more work.
7. Why to make it 2 versus 1? Espeically of that the one is basically controlling Abominations only..
8. Why to give so many forces at the beginning? It is like some updrages and plenty of Farms been planted and not needed anymore.
9. The entire map contains nothing exceptional: basic units, basic buildings, upgrades - nothing interesting and impressive, meaning the work of Object editor is terrible. This makes the map not interesting at all.
10. I destryed all forces of Player 2 and the game was still on, makes no sense I guess.
11. As I understood the description, 20th wave is suppoosed to be the last one, somewhy there was 21st and more..
12. Tichondrius has died and the game didn't end, somewhy.. Meaning there is no victory conditions.
13. In the Loading Screen, Tichondrius is spelled wrongly.
14. When a group of Abominations wiped out my bunch of forces, then turned back and ran to the position where they were summoned. It means there triggering system is badly developed.
15. Entire Player 2 forces were gathering only in the centre of Player 9, why Player 1 is being ignored?
16. Entire forces of Play 1 and 9 had been destroyed and the game was still on, meaning there is no Defeat conditions.

I don't understand people like you, if you're new, it doesn't give you any permission to upload garbage into this site. If this would be allowed, THW would be full of this kind of maps, made in less than several hours or in less than an hour, like this one..

Generally, work of less than hour, please do not upload such resources here.
Of course, you are welcome to improve your work. The purpose of my post is not to say it is a crap, but to help you to improve it.

simple

Anyone could pump out a map every hour, but not very good ones. To create really original, amazing maps takes at least a month.

A week is just way too short to balance and polish everything.
Not by any means, a quality and original map can easily be made in a week. If you want to dedicate that kind of time to it.