• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WANTED: Doodad Ideas/requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Alright so I'm back on track with my model making and decided to make a new fresh doodad idea/request thread. I am more skilled in model making now and can take on new challenges. So give me all ideas and requests you got!

Level 11
I got an idea for you! VIKING/Roam Doodads!

Viking_House_Interior.jpg

Medieval_Motte.jpg

Minas_Tirith.jpg

wip1.jpg

wip2.jpg

wip3.jpg

IF your making em, make them with walls, doors, windows, roofs etc, so you can curstomize it :D

Level 8
Make modern doodads with death animations please. I know that there are lots of modern doodad packs here, but a lot of them are simple buildings and/or doesn't have death animations.

You should do simple things such as shops/malls, a stadium, office buildings, schools, hospital, swimming pool, flag poles. You know.

I could model but I can't animate (much). So I could only modify existing models and use their animations (for instance I made a traffic light w/ death anim from IllidanX's street lamp model).

It would be awesome to have a city map with varied doodads that you can completely obliterate :D

Level 13
Bump for you. What about those shops then? Just buildings with glass windows with items behind it. Or restaurants etc.

Yeah but will it be useful? How many maps on b.net have you seen with such models or could use such models?
I'm sorry but I don't think anyone would use them in a succesful project :/
But I'll gladly make som more modern doodads! Was thinking that I could release a modern doodad pack :)

Level 13
By the way I remember you saying you're not that good at texturing, maybe I could help in that department. Have you got a model you want textured? Make the skin for it and I'll improve it for you :)

Well, for the simple doodads I'm currently making I don't need any custom texture. But in the future I might need to know how to make custom textures for more advanced stuff.

Level 7
lol i meant city buildings and houses..=_= current buildings are bad or rather tetexture i mean reskin the current cityescape cliff/tileset into a modern building and tile like a road and pathway that would make the things much easier...just like what they did to these orbital tile http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...bital-tile-blp-159085/?prev=r=20&page=2..with a new reskin of cliff and tile makes a wonderful modern city..and these will be usefull for zombie,loap maps..^^

Level 13
lol i meant city buildings and houses..=_= current buildings are bad or rather tetexture i mean reskin the current cityescape cliff/tileset into a modern building and tile like a road and pathway that would make the things much easier...just like what they did to these orbital tile http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...bital-tile-blp-159085/?prev=r=20&page=2..with a new reskin of cliff and tile makes a wonderful modern city..and these will be usefull for zombie,loap maps..^^

There are already good reskins, and I can't do custom textures.

Level 13
I was about to suggest portal too. So I'll just second that suggestion :) Maybe with the optional booth that you can use.

And on the subject of security stuff, can you do an animated red/blue spinning light (like those in police cars or when someone yells "red alert!").

Yeah that sounds cool. And a scyscraper could also be made arphax124 if that's what you meant.

Level 7
Status
Not open for further replies.