• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wanna Learn The Basics For Making Skins, Icons And Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need help in learning the basics in making Skins and Icons and Models..... Please help me learn. I am making a map at the moment so it would be nice if you can help me so i can make my own Skins or Icons or Models. Also i was trying to apply some skins i downloaded and when i put them in and placed the unit on the map it wouldnt show up. Why is this?? If you can help me e-mail me here - [email protected]

Level 21
Heres some advice.

1. Skins, icons and models have .blp files and the model itself is a .mdx file. You cannot load them if your image editing program doesnt support it.

2. You extract icons/skins/models from your mpq. Use WC3 Viewer (a free tool you can download) to extract it out and work on it. Of course you need to convert them to a supported image format which is supported for your image editing program.

3. As I said before, Darky has written tutorials on how to import icons and models. oz02 has written a tutorial on how to import skins/

Level 2
I know that but they dont help

IVE READ THE TUTORIALS BUT I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU MAKE YOUR OWN MODEL. IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A MODLE FROM SCRATCH AND HOW TO YOU ADD SKINS THAt ive mADE TO MY UNITS????????????????????????????????/

Status
Not open for further replies.