• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i apply downloaded skins to units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
plz help me im new and ive downloaded sum wicked skins but i cant get them 2 work like make them take affect, i did the tutorial for applying models and i learned and i can succesfully do that now, but ther is no tutorial for applying skins :( :oops: :cry:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Steps:

1. Download the skin that you want.
2. Extract the skin from the Zip file.
3. Import the skin into the map.
4. Set the CORRECT PATH of the skin.
Example:

If you have a skin of a grunt, you must type in the Custom Path the path for the grunt. To see the path for the grunt, go to the grunt unit, and check it's model. In the Custom Path it should be Units/Orcs/Grunt... (or something like this). Copy the path of the grunt and Paste it in the the path of the skin that you imported.

5. The skin is applied, and it should be working now. If the skin isn't showing up, review the path and see if everything is right.

-Rui

Level 2
ok iam gettin very annoyed here :evil: i recently downloaded a skin but for some odd reason when i go to model to type in the path i use the copy/paste it wont allow me to load it it keeps sayin file not found :evil: so my question is on a down loaded skin what would be the path cuz i convert it to .blp it is in my imported files as war3mapImported\ThunderLizardBrown.blp any thing wrong with that any help would be much apretiated

ftr i have warcraft veiwer v2 no moddin stuff other than that

Level 1
YES! i finnally got the skin to work!!!!

thanks Rui your explianation was better than most stuff i could find on google

Edit: ok now i have a new PROBLEM! i applyed the skin in one map then opened another it was not imported into and another..... but the model is showing up with the custom skin! i deleted it in the first map and that fixed it but i cant seem to apply a skin to only one map.... or am i wrong?

Level 2
yeah i'm having the same problem. i downloaded a skin, extracted all files, and imported the .blp file into WC editor. I dont know what to do from here. i've tried a whole bunch of things that didnt work.. but what should i do????

Status
Not open for further replies.