• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wanderers of Sorceria

Was Wanderers of Sorceria a good campaign for you?

• Not a good campaign

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like anime.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I played through all of it about a year ago...I actually thought it was better then Darky's Natures Call series...only annoying thing was that Hikaru really needed more sayings...swear if I hear "well look who's here...time to earn my pay" one more time I'd bash my brains out...

But yes, everyone really should try it...it has very much an old-school RPG feel to it.
-VGsatomi

Level 12
You must be talking about the music and the game it was based on. Majority came from Ys, an old series I just dug up.

As far as that goes, Razorclaw X really has a knack for stealing ideas. =P

Level 3
Book 1

Just finished book 1 and man it kick ass.
I've never actually seen an anime campaign or game other than 2 inuyasha maps *caugh SUCK caugh* and about 500 dbz games *caugh TO Many caugh* *caugh Rip Off caugh* anyway I thought it was pretty good.

All it needs now is out takes for the rest of it. I know he had some but man just a bit more and it would be almost impossible to match

Level 12
Interesting posts. I'll try put a full review here.

Wanderers of Sorceria
Author: Razorclaw X
Campaigns: 1-4

A large creation of Razorclaw X in addition to the ever popular AoS Keys of Sealing, Wanderers of Sorceria have caught much eyes of WC3 campaign fanatics especially those who watch anime. With a large in-depth story, a variety of characters, and even some rare music, perhaps Wanderers of Sorceria has a large gameplay Warcraft III alone may not have been able to capture.

The story of the series begins with Hikaru, a wandering paladin who yearns for adventure. While so, he meets Sarah, a seeress who tells him about his destiny of saving Queen Arcadia from the traitorous Prime Minister Kosseimaru and the Army of the Dead. Hikaru is not alone as he meets with friends including Johan and Nekurow with the mysterious Hokuto.

At the same time, the plotline follows Shizuka, a priestess who hosts the death god, Deathclaw, a fallen dragon god. The plot grows deeper as you advance to the next stage especially when reaching to Bookk 3.

The visual quality has some disadvantages. As an anime-type campaign, some models have been unable to fit into the anime type enviroment.

Music was definetely stunning. Lots of old tracks from anime series and classic video games including the Ys collections, Castlevania, and many more. The genre is entertaining since it mixes Japanese pop, a few classics (from Joel Steudler), and even a bit of funky tunes.

The story was perhaps the more intriguing part of it. However, even for an anime series, it's a bit too catchy for everyone to question especially because characters and places were based off a few others (such as Sorcerians, Arcadia, etc...)

Gamplay has its own part in it too. In Book 3 you are well able to control seperate armies through a feature to defend or attack. Lots of role-playing was involved and secrets were scattered all across the maps. Unfortunately, melee gameplay never worked well with both major and minor tech-trees.

Of course, you all have your own opinions about such campaigns like this. While Razorclaw failed to blend anime-style with the Warcraft world, it's never bad to give credit to Razorclaw for an amazing campaign. Personally, I like Book 2 with it having a very tough role-playing style. Thought the author has used a few anime series to develop the storyline and enviroment, Razorclaw X did manage to introduce the "anime" to gamers alike.

Visuals 4/5
Gameplay 3.5/5
Storyline 4.5/5

Overall 8.5/10

Level 8
yes i like old rpg's like these but the icons were a bit ick if ya know what i mean thanks for that seagull that revived a lot of old memories now i must go and play grim fandango...

Status
Not open for further replies.