• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wander in certain region and inventory system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
1.st question: Hi, I am making zombie map, and i want zombies walk randomly, but they shouldnt leave region, i know wander make them walk randomly, but witch trigger i need to use to make them walk randomly in region?

2.nd question: How can i make inventory with 15-20 slots, when I press "i" after 10sec inventory should open, and when inventory is opened hero is invulnerable.

Level 25
1. Use wander, and the following trigger:
  • Stay in region
  • Events
    • Unit - unit leaves region
  • Conditions
    • Unit type of triggering unit equal to zombie
  • Actions
    • Set TempPoint = random point in region
    • Unit - order triggering unit to move to TempPoint
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
2. Check the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells.php section for a "fullscreen inventory system"

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Something like this:
  • Zombie Move
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set ZombieGroup = (Unit in <Your Region> gen matching (((Matching Unit) is alive) equal to True) and ((Unit type of (Matching Unit) equal to (Your Zombie type)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ZombieGroup and do (Actions)
        • Set MovePoint = (Random point in <Your Region>)
        • Unit - Order (Picked Unit) to Attack - Move to MovePoint
        • Custom scripts: Call RemoveLocation(udg_MovePoint)
      • Custom scripts: Call DestroyGroup(udg_ZombieGroup)

Level 4
tnx, to both of you :D +rep, can you tell me 1 more thing i forgot to ask, how can i make this: when i press "m" after 10sec the fullscreen map will be shown and hero will be invulnerable, and on that map you can see your position ... and is that even possible?

Level 25
tnx, to both of you :D +rep, can you tell me 1 more thing i forgot to ask, how can i make this: when i press "m" after 10sec the fullscreen map will be shown and hero will be invulnerable, and on that map you can see your position ... and is that even possible?

Make an ability with hotkey "m", and detect when the ability is used.

If you base the ability on Channel, you can set it so that the icon doesn't appear on the hero's command card.

You'll have to change Move's hotkey from M, which it is by default.

Level 4
hmm, and what when i make that ability what i must do than? sory if i am boring but i am begginer in WE... so i dont know much about it... And the hotkey doesnt need to be "m", that was just example...

Level 12
open object editor
create new ability based on channel
by default channel is not visible so you can leave it that way
change its hotkey to whatever you want.
and change "Follow trough time" to 0.(its something like casting time)

after that you can trigger the casting of the spell by
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of a spell
  • Conditions
    • Ability being casted equals "your ability"
  • Actions

Last edited:
Level 4
yeah but how can that show my location on fullscreen map?

Can anyone send me JNGP i tried to download it but download link doesnt work...

Level 12
if you can't make a fullscreen inventory by yourself
then rulerofiron99 already told you to check the spell section for a fullscreen inventory system made by someone

hmm, he wants the minimap to be enlarged and being a full-screen minimap, re-read his sentences.

yeah but how can that show my location on fullscreen map?

and i think that's impossible.

Level 4
nevermind than.. tnx for help anyway, +rep
and do you have JNGP and can you upload it? i need it so i can import inventory system without overwriting exiting trigers,items,units..

Level 4
thats why i asked lol, i cant download from there, on that page i press download and is shows me error.. i downloaded older version, but tnx for help

Level 4
i wanted to put my own pictures, and on picture map i created player would see where are danger zones and such...

Level 5
Couldn't you use a fade filter to show the map in full? It might not show your location (don't know if that's possible). I've seen maps use fade filters that fill the screen and look like the minimap. That would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.