• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Walkable Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys! i would like to know, i have a model of a wall gateway, looking like that
upload_2020-6-4_23-11-8.png

I would like to make it so when a unit cross it through the gate it passes through like a archway, but idk if i use the path of an arc it won't be walkable right ?

So let me get this straight, you want units to pass both over and under it right?

You can make it work, but only in very specific scenarios. You can't make two units pass under and over at the same time, due to world editor limitations. If however, units will only pass under/over at different times then there is a way.

First, you have to place invisible platforms and raise them to the desired level so passage over the bridge is possible. Then, you have to place pathing blockers to make the proper areas inaccessible. Then you have to make a region that contains all the invisible platforms. At map initialization you kill all the invisible platforms and some of the pathing blockers inside the region you made, and then you create pathing blockers on top of the dead invisible platforms and save the newly created pathing blockers to variables. When a unit wants to walk over the bridge, you first kill the pathing blocker variables, and then resurrect the invisible platforms (in that specific order since a living pathing blocker and a living invisible platform can't be on top of each other at the same time). Do the reverse if you wish to walk under the bridge.

Here's an example from a map I am working on:

• Destroy Platforms 2
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in Region 021 <gen> and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Invisible Platform (small)
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
            • Else - Actions
      • Destructible - Kill Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20200 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20199 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20198 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20202 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20203 <gen>
      • Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Ground) at (Position of Invisible Platform (small) 20187 <gen>) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
      • Set Blockers[5] = (Last created destructible)
      • Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Ground) at (Position of Invisible Platform (small) 20148 <gen>) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
      • Set Blockers[6] = (Last created destructible)
      • Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Ground) at (Position of Invisible Platform (small) 20190 <gen>) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
      • Set Blockers[7] = (Last created destructible)
      • Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Ground) at (Position of Invisible Platform (small) 20178 <gen>) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
      • Set Blockers[8] = (Last created destructible)

• Ress Platforms 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 023 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Trigger - Turn on Kill Platforms 2 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Blockers[5]
      • Destructible - Kill Blockers[6]
      • Destructible - Kill Blockers[7]
      • Destructible - Kill Blockers[8]
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Invisible Platform (small)
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Resurrect (Picked destructible) with (Max life of (Picked destructible)) life and Hide birth animation
            • Else - Actions
      • Destructible - Resurrect Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20200 <gen> with (Max life of Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20103 <gen>) life and Hide birth animation
      • Destructible - Resurrect Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20199 <gen> with (Max life of Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20102 <gen>) life and Hide birth animation
      • Destructible - Resurrect Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20198 <gen> with (Max life of Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20101 <gen>) life and Hide birth animation
      • Destructible - Resurrect Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20202 <gen> with (Max life of Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20105 <gen>) life and Hide birth animation
      • Destructible - Resurrect Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20203 <gen> with (Max life of Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20104 <gen>) life and Hide birth animation

• Kill Platforms 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 022 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Trigger - Turn on Ress Platforms 2 <gen>
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
            • Else - Actions
      • Destructible - Kill Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20200 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20199 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20198 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20202 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Pathing Blocker (Ground) 20203 <gen>
      • Destructible - Resurrect Blockers[5] with (Max life of Blockers[5]) life and Hide birth animation
      • Destructible - Resurrect Blockers[6] with (Max life of Blockers[6]) life and Hide birth animation
      • Destructible - Resurrect Blockers[7] with (Max life of Blockers[7]) life and Hide birth animation
      • Destructible - Resurrect Blockers[8] with (Max life of Blockers[8]) life and Hide birth animation

Level 3
hmmm well the bridge is already walkable in fact :) thank's alot ! i think im gonna use an archway pathing in order to save space, but i may try it in the future if i wanna change my mind but yeah i wish there could be units on the wall and passing through at the same time lol

Level 3
yeah ive been looking and there's no way to do it with a bridge, ill stick to a non walkable gateway, still i can walk on the rest of the walls :)

Level 3
wow yeah its looking so good man ! love the music also lol but during a siege, when soldiers break a gate, they pass through it while others are defending it above, so ill stick to a non walkable structure :)
thanks alot, as i said if i change my mind this wont be lost :)

Status
Not open for further replies.