• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Walkable walls...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was recently given a map to finish, because the original map maker had abandoned the project and I showed interest in finishing it. He did the terrain and on this particular map there are walls that he downloaded and put into the map. What he did to make them walkable was he raised the terrain underneath it so that the units could walk underneath. Unfortunately by doing this he created a pathing nightmare. Units can walk through walls, there isn't any seeable way to the central courtyard of the castle... it's a complete mess. To fix this, I'm going to have to lower the terrain, but by doing this the walls aren't walkable anymore. If I remember right there's a way to do this, but I don't really know how to do it. Any thoughts? I'd really like to see this map finished.

Level 34
There are Tutorials around. Not sure if the Hive has one, WC3Campaigns does for sure.

Also you can just use pathing blockers to ensure units don't walk thoguh walls.

Level 1
:O i got and idea! you can create an area near the wall and set that the unit that enters fly! then at the other side of the wall another area taht makes unit walk =)
hope it works

Level 8
You can use invisible platforms and raise them up so the bottom of the box is the height you want and units willl adjust their height accordingly. You can also change the model of an elevator doodad to the wall model and units will automatically walk on top of them.

To keep units from walkthrough walls use pathing blockers to solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.