• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Walkable doodads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
There are fine looking models in editor but units just walk through them. Like the dimensional gate, I would like to be able to walk the stairs and enter the portal. Is is possible to set collision for model?

Hmmm . If you want to make stairs walkable, go to doodads palette - bridges/ramps and fin invisible platform . Try to look my picture I attached below .
Place the invi platform into each steps .(the platforms is the checkerd object)
You can change the height of each platform by clicking this then press ctrl+Pageup, then If you want to make it lower , press ctrl+pagedown . (You can do this also in another doodads .)

Then in entering portal, you need to trigger it .
Place a region in a position of portal and another region that you want to become a destination, then do this following triggers . (look the attachment below)
The Enter Region is the entering point and the Exit Region is the destination point . You can place the destination point in any point that you want .

Attachments

• aw.png
    aw.png
    827.3 KB · Views: 252
  • awww.png
    awww.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 245
Level 26
You can flag destructables walkable. Then the units walking on it are elevated graphically-exactly to the model's highest point of the unit's x/y coordinates, which can of course be very spiky, the unit does not use a collision there to determine an average or something like that. The model should not have two parallel z layers if you want to have the unit between and you would also like to add somewhat exact pathing maps, so the unit cannot step on the top of the portal for example.

sigelang said you can do ctrl+pageup/pagedown on a selected destructable to move it vertically in the editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.