• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

walk on water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
do someone know how to make a unit or hero walk on water ? and it have to drain 3 MP per 1.5 sec or 1 sec. . please.

Level 8
But, there are 2 things, heroes got a lot of MP, all of 'em, also this isnt an ability... all heroes can walk over water, if not, this skill is a passive...

Well to drain mana you'd have to have a trigger that does that.

• Events
    • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set TempPoint (a point variable) = Position of YourHero
    • If Then Else
      • If - Conditions
        • (Pathing type at TempPoint) is equal to Floatable (or whatever boats use)
      • Then - Actions
        • If Then Else
          • If - Conditions
            • (Current Mana of YourHero) is equal to 0
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Kill YourHero
            • -------- Add some special effects here --------
          • Else - Actions
            • Unit - Set YourHero's mana to (Current mana of YourHero - 5.00)
      • Else - Actions
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Level 6
Took ability like Berserk set all stats to 0.00
Than triger:

Event:Unit starts an effect of an ability
Condion:Ability being cast eqal to Walk on water(berserk)
Action:Add ability mount archer to trigering unit
wait 0.01sec
Set flying height tof trigerin unit to 0 at(i dont know if this is right) 400
Wait (duration of watter walk) 25 sec
Remove ability mount archer

Something like that

Level 8
so there are a lot of ways... well, though i will wait for the easier xD, but i tell you ppl, this ability is passive, and its default (like naruto, but not for a naruto map), thats why, it musnt have to be an active. just to those that think wrong. thanks for help so far...

Level 22
Well... what you could do....

You could get a terrain tile what will be placed ONLY under water.
Then just make a trigger:
Every 1 second
Pick every unit in playable map area matching condition and do actions:
-(Terrain type at position of matching unit is equal to (your special terrain type)

Actions:
Set picked unit mana to mana of picked unit - 10 or whatever you'd like the value to be,
Hope i helped.

Level 8
yup, it seems complete, with no missing things, i will try all of teh things here, but mainly yours... no offense to the others, its just than i prefer a complete thing.
Lord_T, pirytie and all, thanks. im also waiting for other ideas xD... piryties and Lord_T seems complete function... but though piryties is lika complete, but iwill try both and all others.

You could get a terrain tile what will be placed ONLY under water.
Then just make a trigger:
Every 1 second
Pick every unit in playable map area matching condition and do actions:
-(Terrain type at position of matching unit is equal to (your special terrain type)

Actions:
Set picked unit mana to mana of picked unit - 10 or whatever you'd like the value to be,
Hope i helped.

Yes, that's what my one was. Except my one works for any water regardless of its terrain type.

Level 8
though piryties one is more effective... if im not wrong, or is him more effective? the thing is that i got how to do it, i ty for doing that, but just want to know which is better or easier, better posibly.

In my one you just have to have water and it'll work. In his you have to make all the water areas be covered with a certain tile, for example sand. Of course this is silly.

Oh and if you want me to make it so it'll work for multiple heroes or make it so that it only works when the hero adds points into some passive just ask. It should be very simple.

Level 8
well, so your better... but te heroes can have 6 skills in total... if im not wrong. so this passive is the six (atribute skill). thats why. so then i PM you, and then make it please. cause though is too difficult. if you can do me that favour. ty.

Level 8
i already PM you pyritie, o btw, im playing your campaign, but i already pass the first chapter xD... thanks for help, to everyone!.:infl_thumbs_up:..

monchopim, that version sucks. Wait until december and then play the new version. I guarantee you'll like it far better than that version.

And to make it so an ability is needed to walk on the water... I have no idea how to do that. I don't think there is an ability that can change pathing type to amphibious.

Level 8
but cant you make an anphibious type drain MP in water?

Pyritie map: well, i will play it, didnt know about da new...

but is a skill or a Object editor thing? i only need the trigger xD...

Level 8
ok, i will try it...

man i do it, and when i start the test, my hero just kill it self... i mean, you start and he is dead. what is the problem? could someone tell me xD? do it with pyritie first trigger.

Last edited:
Level 4
I'm not sure if your idea's got the general gist of things handled, but I have a pretty simply idea that could work with it.

Give the hero metamorphasis, have him change into a copied hero with amphibian movement, and while he has the buff have the mana be drained.

I'm not sure if you guys will find use of this, but its just my little toss into the barrel.

by the way monchopim, out of pure curiosity, are you trying to make a naruto map of some sort with this? Where the ninja walk on water? Your avatar icon kind of hints to that effect.

Level 8
you where close... but wrong, im a naruto fan, but im not making a naruto map, i am making lika AoS, but it isnt naruto related, but i have to make some skills of naruto...

Status
Not open for further replies.