• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Wait trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
You say that the action Wait x seconds is not a viable action. What should I do then to substitute (if there is any way to do) this action ?

I'm sorry abusing your help, I make many questions >.<

:vw_sad:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In Warcraft III it is not viable as it does not produce predictable and accurate results. Between sessions and possibly within sessions the time waited will vary in an unpredictable way. Especially in multiplayer the duration of the wait will be much longer than intended (for small waits especially).

For this reason you need to use timers as they do produce accurate and expected results.

In StarCraft II waits work perfectly fine and are precise to the same degree as every deterministic part of the game (1 game frame or 1/16 of a second). This is just one of the many improvements SC2 has over WC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.