• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] W3: Map size limit for LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,
I am creating map to play it with my friend on LAN but when I wanted to test it on LAN message popuped saying "Map File is too big, please select other map".

I was looking for the solution and found out that there is some map size limit for older versions of W3. Strange thing is that the limit should be 8 MB, but my map have 4.7 MB. It allows me to play it in single player but not in multiplayer on LAN.

I found some solution here https://gaming-tools.com/warcraft-3/game-dll/
I downloaded it and replace old game.dll with new one.

I have open the game, went to LAN and tried to play the map.

However the game crashed showing this Error (on the attached image)
W3_Error.png

My question is what should I do now? Where is the probelm? How to solve it?
I spent over 3 weeks working on this map, apart from that this map with 4.7 MB shouldn't be exceeding some 8 MB size limit at all. I have imported there just couple of models a icons, no sounds/music.

Old version of W3:THT (with old game.dll) is 1.22.0.6328 (reason for this is czech version of this game)
New version with the game.dll I have download from url above is 1.26.0.6401

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks,

Radim

Status
Not open for further replies.