• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vulcansurge's Maps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Vulcansurge's ORPG

"A group of warriors have arrived in the grand city of Goald'uan, after a long and weary trip down the Blackheart Road. Little do they know, their journey has just begun..."
A new and exciting open RPG game, featuring real weapon attachments, custom spells, an advanced Save/Load code and a cool looking combat system. This map could be considered my greatest achievement in Warcraft III modding so far, and I would like to thank all who have helped bring this to fruition.

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD:
Vulcansurge's ORPG Version 1.02 READY TO PLAY

MOTHERSHIPS

"Take yourself on a journey into deep space, where a ferocious battle has erupted. Join your comrades, by choosing your mothership and entering the deadly battle grounds..."
This is my new map concept. Think about all your favourite sci-fi space battles all rolled into one map. Features starships from many different stories under the Sci-Fi genre, such as Star Wars, StarTrek and StarCraft. Will feature custom models and realistic space combat like you've never seen before.

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD:
MOTHERSHIPS Open Beta READY TO PLAY

Last edited:
Level 4
Vulcansurge's ORPG v1.01:

- Fixed a terrain problem, tree stuck in the way making it impossible, without the help of an expensive spell, to complete the Mayor's Report quest
- Changed the tinting colour of the water to add realism (a feature I had been meaning to add for a while, never got around to it).

Level 4
Vulcansurge's ORPG v1.02:

- Added -share command, a basic system to allow sharing of items dropped by creeps, and prevents loot hogs.
- Changed EXP rate from 145% to 170%
- Overall changes to the price of spells and incresed the damage dealt by the 'Flaming Core' and 'Frozen Core' spells from 20 to 30.
- Mapped basic area for the PVP arena, which will hold contests between heros in three different modes (hopefully). Head to Head, Elimination and Full House.

Level 4
Vulcansurge's ORPG | Next update:
The next update is going to take a while to release. I will be taking The_Wand_Mirror's advice and making a large patch to make it seem more complete. The next update will feature most of the new things ive been promising, like being able to choose primary attributes... The arena will be the version after.

Level 32
Excellent map, Vulcansurge!

I have taken a brief opportunity to look at this map, although I have yet to play it.

The terrain and quests are detailed and well executed.

The triggers are extensive but seem to contain many (mostly position) leaks. How do your multiplayer tests turn out, is there any noticible lag?

Take your time on the next version, [broke="+ rep!"]Vulcansurge[/broke] plug up those leaks and this thing will be a winner.

Level 2
Vulcansurge! You made a similar thread in thehelper.net ... I'm glad that others like your map. Motherships is going to be great! A outer space map ... I didn't think about that.

For your ORPG, perhaps you should add more quests and towns. The south-east area is just a creep manifestation area there. There should be a town or some sort there. I suggest more diverse quests, but the ones you have are okay ...

Can't wait for the next version of the ORPG. And Motherships too.

Level 4
MOTHERSHIPS v.Open Beta:

- It's finally here! From the makers of Vulcansurge' ORPG, comes the new and exciting MOTHERSHIPS!
- If you find any bugs that arent OBVIOUS, report them here, or PM me. (some bugs are obvious, because I'm still working on the map...)

Level 8
i think this is a great concept and you did an awesome job with how you set it up. I really like how you cant just order a unit to attack, it gives the map a nice unique feeling. However there were things that bugged me a bit.

• I dont see the use for the center lane. i think there should be some kind of ground units that should be unloaded there through transports
  • The general lack of abilities for the ships make them very dull
  • There should be some sort of squad attack button in my opinion if thats possible in any way
  • Make more abilities that can be purchased for the ship
  • Make computer controlled creeps like in normal AoS's (just players isnt all that great for such a large and nice looking map)

Overall this AoS definetly stands out from all the other rip offs out there. However there isn't enough in it to make it a game poeple would want to constantly replay. Its more like situate your cruiser and let your squads take down everything around you while you dont get hit

I definetly like the concept of it and the look and feel of the map itself. Just it doesnt have much else taht pops out in terms of playability.

Keep working though this map doesnt need much more to be great!

Level 4
Elmstfreddie, an early tester, also recommended that I make some sort of ground unit to tear apart the enemy outposts. I think I might add a transport ship which you can use seperately (doesnt automatically fly around you).

Im still adding abilities to the ships, as well as more ships to choose from.

I am also planning to turn each squad into a spell book, where you can get them to attack the enemy, store them in your ship, or make them come out again...

Im adding more abilities for ships.

Im having difficulty deciding how to make computer controlled units... Im unsure whether to make small squads of fighter ships, or motherships, or something else to attack the enemy base automatically.

Thanks-a-million for testing my map! lol

Level 4
MOTHERSHIPS OpenBeta02:

- Added a multiboard to track kills
- Removed Cluster and Skatter Rockets, and replaced them with 3 items which can be upgraded five times each. (16 new items total)
- Replaced starting unit with Imperial Shuttle (Dont worry, the old Star Destroyer and other new Motherships will be available soon)
- Fixed the death sequence of the floating outpost so it looks more realistic
- Created a death cinematic to make up for the lack of StarBase death animations.
- Added anti-mothership cannons to the area around each mainbase.
- Added visibility to the East and West halves of the map for the respective teams.
- Im still looking for a serious modeller to help fix problems on demand (PM if you are interested!)

The link should be working in about 30mins.

Level 32
So Far, So Good

MOTHERSHIPS OpenBeta02 looks pretty good so far, Vulcansurge. I didn't get a chance to play through th whole map but my first impression is: GJ.There are still a few position leaks here and ther, they won't be difficult (just time consuming) to fix.

When you complete the project will do you intend to post the map here at the Hive? (I think you would find more players if the map were available in our database.)

Level 2
Yay!

Yay! New update! What will you do with your ORPG, Vulcansurge?

I haven't tested open beta 02 thoroughly, but I will. Anyway, I didn't do anything much and I was in the credits? Oh well, thanks for putting me in there. I'm ready to test Motherships.

Level 4
ANNOUNCEMENT:

It has been a while since I've been active in this forum. Its good to be back here, but I have good new and bad news.

Bad news first. I am sad to say that my RPG project is going to be discontinued. It has been great working on this project, and I've learnt a great deal while working on it, but its time for it to come to a close. Thanks to everyone who has helped me work on it...

Now to the good news. As you know, I am working on another project called MOTHERSHIPS which I will now have more time for now that my RPG is closed. I will be making a new thread dedicated to MOTHERSHIPS, and therefore this one will be closing. I hope to see you all on the new thread.

I expect MOTHERSHIPS will be ready to be played within the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.