• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MOTHERSHIPS - Recuiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
RECUITING:
- One modeller/skinner

PROJECT: MOTHERSHIPS / A space-like mod of Tank Wars

DESCRIPTION:
"Take yourself on a journey into deep space, where a ferocious battle has erupted. Join your comrades, by choosing your mothership and entering the deadly battle grounds..."
The idea for this came about when I played Battle Tanks (and enjoyed it very much). I noticed that Battleships was a variation of this, and i decided to make a further variation by send the battle to space. I'm using the tradtional ideas, such as the modified pheonix fire abilty attached to items to give the "auto-firing" effect. And i've managed to add in my own systems and features such as squads, which are smaller versions of ships that automaticaly fly around the Mothership and do minor Pheonix Fire damage. Also, because it is set in space, I have used floating platforms to put buildings on, and all that is is a smaller version of the Starbase (Star Trek i believe) model submitted on The Hiveworkshop.

Anyway, there isnt really much of a story, like Battle Tanks for Battleships. I've just taken models from stories like Star Wars, StarCraft and Star Trek, and rolled them into one map. Its quite a good concept for me, and im hoping it gets some sort of recognition on bnet.

TEAM MEMBERS:
Vulcansurge - Team Leader: I tend to do most of the work in thinking up ideas for the map. I design the units and attempt to balance them (its hard at this early stage). I write the triggers and manage the team.
Raydude - He deisgned my terrain, and did a wonderful job. He also went through a few tests to check for bugs and help me fix stuff. He's not currently working on the map directly but i still ask him for help now and again.

CURRENT PROGRESS:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| (60%)

Still working on:
- Recuiting a modeller/skinner
- Adding more Motherships
- Designing scripts for Multiboards, Name Changers, Spells and Upgrading Motherships
- Adding items

SCREENSHOTS:

WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:

I have one issue at hand which you will need to help me with as soon as you are appointed as my modeller/skinner, and that is to make a model of a Star Wars cruiser featured in "Star Wars : Empire at War - Forces of Corruption Expansion Pack". Its called the Crusader and its made by the Corellian Space Manufacturing Company. I have pictures if you can find it in a google search, but they are too big for me to post here. You will also be required to attempt to make a smaller frigate, but I haven't decided on the ship I want you to make.

I have another issue which you may or may not be able to help me with. I am in need of both a high-detail space skybox, with a nebula printed on it, and I need you to remodel my space tileset so it uses a path able terrain. These are no problem if you cant fix them.

If you are interested, you may also be able to test the map in a few multiplayer situations, see how the gameplay feels. If you are not up for testing, you once again dont have to if you are busy. Once both the starship models are completed, you will remain as my modeller/skinner to solve any problems that arise, that are to do with making models or skins...

NOTES:
Nothing yet...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.