• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

VrykulSpearCarrier

So, another from series of Vrykul units. This time spear carrier. You can use Defend animations as well. Portrait should be fully working.

See ya later :D and expect more....much much more from me ;)

Updated and problems fixed - death sound already added and works just fine.

Keywords:
Vrykul, Nord, Spear, Viking, Wik, Wiking, Northrend, warcraft, worldof warcraft
Contents

VrykulSpearCarrier (Model)

VrykulSpearCarrier (Model)

Reviews
Misha 13th Sep 2013 Moderator's Review: needs a death sound, mate Edit by Kwaliti: Approved. 17:24, 23rd Jan 2014 Deolrin: Added rating.

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
13th Sep 2013
Moderator's Review:

needs a death sound, mate

Edit by Kwaliti: Approved.

17:24, 23rd Jan 2014
Deolrin: Added rating.

Level 38
hmm the model have stand defend animation but no attack defend..:(

Well, because, he can normaly use his normal atack animations even in defend mode. There is no need to make new animations and increase filesize. I did that as a test, because if you use set of animations and some animation is missing it just takes animations from normal set. ;)

I think you should remove the swinging/slicing animations, since he's not using a giant blade like the felguard. You should try to find an animator who can create at least one additional piercing lunge attack animation similar to this one's second attack animation.

Still, fantastic use of in-game textures, you really made this look like a completely different style of human. 5/5.

You also should change its named to something a bit more appropriate, like "Spearman" because Spear Carrier is just lulzy.

Last edited:
Level 5
I like this melee unit... :D
But I have a sugestion to a ranged unit... Could be a Axe Thrower I think would look cool!
Nice Model 5/5

Level 3
great and very good detailed although his hands are a little blurry 5/5 hands arent easy to get good detailed :)

Level 3
could you make a templar to it would help me out for my next map cuz you like someone who can make very detailed units :)

Level 11
Is there an alternate version of this where he throw his spear like a normal bandit spear thrower? 🤔. Well anyway nice model 👍.