• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voiceover Request Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14

Voiceover Factory

“Voices express a boss’s personality, therefore making fighting the boss all-the-more exciting. It is nice for a player to know what kind of person they are fighting for once. Their quotes can also provide some background knowledge about the boss.” ~Creating a Bossfight Tutorial

“Oh… my… god…”

“A voiceover request thread? Unbelievable!”

“No wai :O”

Yes, this is a voiceover request thread. I am currently at a low point in making projects, both in wc3 and in my local small business. So I thought I would give a little bit of my resources to the Hive. In this thread you can request professional quality voiceovers for your projects. So why would you have a reaction similar to the three above? How many voiceover artists to you see offering you free work? Why don’t people post any voiceover requests in the request forum?

Just take a moment after you read this paragraph to consider what I am offering you here. Professional voice actors who do voice acting for a living. Heavy duty recording equipment and studios. They will follow your emotional guidelines. Male and Female. Free. Consider it…

Yay, if you have gotten to this line of text, you should have successfully considered what is being offered. You are now ready to read the rules and restrictions, as I do not want this thread to fall apart like other request factories. My rules WILL be obeyed!!! (Note: I do not provide Warcraft Creature or character mimics)

Rules

I will NOT have people who are incompetent and who are leeches taking advantage of this voice acting.

You must have at least 60 reputation points to request in this thread.

“Nuuuuuuuuh, once again, I am restricted because of the people who have small amounts of rep are stupid stereotype” Now, wait a second their buddy. I know how annoying that is, so I’ll provide an alternate route.

Have three members in good standing (100+ Rep) to PM me with a very short (two sentences) description about how you’re competent.

Or

Have a user with the respected user award do the same

Or

Have a moderator/administrator do the same

This however, does not mean to PM someone like General Frank/Ralle/Rui/Purplepoot/anyone like that begging them to PM me. If this happens to ANY of you, someone pming you to recommend them and you don’t know them at all, please inform me so I can user-ban that user from this request thread.

You must have well preformed English spelling and grammar. This means that you do not replace “you” with “U” and anything of that kind. I am well aware that this site has an international user database. You can, though, type your request in a word document, or just ask an English-fluent member to check your grammar. You cannot do voice-overs for atrocious spelling and grammar, and any such requests will be instantly rejected.

Just like models and other resources, voiceovers are for polishing your map. Provide screenshots in hidden tags with your request, or provide a link to a map development thread.

VOICEOVERS FOR BOSSFIGHTS WILL TAKE PRIORITY OVER ALL OTHER REQUEST TYPES, REGARDLESS OF ORDER OF REQUESTS. This is for two reasons. One, I am a boss fanatic. Two, because boss fight voiceovers are more likely to get used. Imagine, you request a voiceover for a character in an RPG. It sounds awesome and you put it in. Don’t you think it would sound weird when that character talked with a voice and another reacting character did not? Boss fights are supposed to stand out.

If you request too much, your request may be rejected, or you may be asked to lower the limit. Be considerate that there are others, and that you are being helped by professionals.

One of the last things I would like to say is that I WELCOME ALL OTHER VOICEACTORS TO JOIN IN. As I said, I won’t provide character mimics or certain types of creatures. Maybe you can. This would be a FANTASTIC time for you to take a test ride for your voice. Give me some samples so you can be added to this post with what you can provide.

Final Recommendation: Think VERY hard before requesting for your multiplayer maps. These are sound files; it’s like adding a piece of music to your map. If you’re using a few words (like demonic tongue) you should be ok. Anything large, however, may take up space that you could use for more important polishing resources, or creating unnecessary load time. Think carefully...

And now, I am done being a strict ass and you can request. Keep in mind that I WILL be keeping things in order here.

Expected Fulfillment Time: 2-4 Weeks
Request Cooldown Time: 5 Weeks (Unless special project partnership is formed)
Que:

~Asomath

P.S. Some people need to examples to make sure im not a liar. Attached are a few of the voiceover talents.

Attachments

• Demon Example2.mp3
    106.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Demon Example1.mp3
    24.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Female Narrator.mp3
    214.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Male Example 1.mp3
    41.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Old Male Example.mp3
    85.7 KB · Views: 46
Status