• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vlad Tepes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Some of you may or may not realize it, but I have an intense curiousity for Vlad Tepes, whom many consider the basis of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

http://www.donlinke.com/drakula/vlad.htm

This is the largest amount of information I have seen on the internet and I like how it shows both main "sides" of the voivode from the german papers as well as the russian papers. Take a look for yourself and tell me what you think.

Level 21
yeh i watched a program on him a while back so i know a little about him. it made him out to be a real asshole, but then i guess someone who tortures people by impailing them isnt ur best mate right? especially when its to make the population fear him. ill take a look at that *long* article tommorow i guess, but my first impressions of him arent good.

Level 12
Well there are a lot of things that can be said of him, and he lived a long time ago so it is really open to interpetation. Also it depends upon which accounts you wish to believe, german, balkavian, or russian as to his motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.