• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vkm]FoL[Dx Village Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
here my village that i used at a contest
i hope you like it
its my first real good terrain ! :thumbs_up::piru:

new screenshots (3.4.5) i hope they are better

Attachments

• village contest 1.JPG
    village contest 1.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 344
  • village contest 4.JPG
    village contest 4.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 351
  • village contest new.JPG
    village contest new.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 317
  • village contest new2.JPG
    village contest new2.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 269
  • village contest new 3.JPG
    village contest new 3.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Level 25
Very nice work. Good use of doodads and the tree and tile variation was done pretty well. The only things I don't like are:
  • Pointy hills!
  • Most of the terrain looks flat.
  • You have no terrain fog applied. Pick a terrain fog, maybe a light blue or light gray would look nice.

I agree with Ragingspeedhorn that the best screenshots are the first one and fourth one. Good work!
~Craka_J

Level 34
Very good work, but I think your doodad placement could use work. Not sure if you do or not, but I suggest thinking before placing shrubs and plants. Glad to see you aren't scared to use a lot of them though! Good job.

The fog should give it just a tad better atmosphere. Although towns and cities generally don't have a lot because you can't see too far due to buildings and things in your view.

Level 28
dude, your terrain is pretty good, a little flat as Craka_J said, but the 5th screen is so so bad. Find something else to take a screen, bcause that screen is the worst.

I really liked the atmosphere of the terrain, you gave me a feeling of a real rainy afternoon. I think it is because of the sky, very well choosed.

Level 4
thank for the advices guys
ill be working on better screens and fog like you said
dunno when cuz im practicinbg alot on other terrains

ill be submitting terrains many more in the future
=]

Level 4
Well ill upload my pics here
becouse it is a orcish fortress city
(all the models come from this site :])

Attachments

• ORC new.JPG
    ORC new.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 106
  • ORC new2.JPG
    ORC new2.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 97
  • ORC new 3.JPG
    ORC new 3.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 80
  • ORC new 4.JPG
    ORC new 4.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 116
  • ORC new 5.JPG
    ORC new 5.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Level 4
ill be redoing stuff then
-------------------------------
redid the terrain like you guys said
its better now
=]

Last edited:
Level 25
Tan Fog Tutorial of mine.

It's neat, but it's way too flat. As for the fog, I suggest either a light grey one like Crako said or a white one.

Actually now that I look at what his terrain looks like, I advise making the fog like to a tan color. To do this, do the following:
How To Make Tan Fog
  • Click "Scenario" on the toolbar of the World Editor.
  • After you've done so, a drop-down menu will appear; click "Map Options".
  • A new window in the World Editor will pop-up.
  • There will be a check-box in this new window. The check-box should say "Terrain Fog." Click the check-box so there is a check in the check-box.
  • Now the option to edit the fog's color is enabled. The default color should be set to "Black" already. Click it!
  • Select the color Orange and choose it. Then re-edit the color of the fog and set the color to "Custom."
  • Now another window will pop-up. There are three color values: Red, Blue, and Green.
  • Set the color of the Red value about 20 points lower. The color should look more like a tan or brown color. Adjust these three color values and experiment. Eventually you will get a good tan color to go with your terrain well. I recommend you reduce/add points of the color values by ten or lower to reduce the chances of making the fog look like crap completely and be able to stop yourself early.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Pretty good terrain, although it's just a wack of large sexy models. Not a ton of terraining skill in there, no offense.

Level 4
i got new screens of my latest city
feel free to discus

Attachments

• city.jpg
    city.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 148
  • city2.JPG
    city2.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 125
  • city3.jpg
    city3.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 176
  • city4.jpg
    city4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 131
Level 4
if i add heights the streets will crack into slices and the villagers will be chopped of there head from the sharp streets (i cant add heights)
its 10% done fog is for the finishing toutch

Level 34
Meh, I don't care for a ton of imports like this. Not a whole lot talent shows through these, they look nice in a playable map, but I just don't see talent in them.

These do look fairly nice though. Your use of doodads is good, but it's not all that hard, place a barrel here, a box here, and maybe a table here. Done!

Level 4
dont forget you gotta put the houses togheter
and lay the street and it will look awesome when its finished i hope
it will be like a real city once i put persons in it and much more action and doodads to make it happyer and less grey

Status
Not open for further replies.