• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] [vJass] Using Vector Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

I made a missile engine and I didn't know about Vector.

It seems like to be something like my Loc, but I don't really know if it is exactly the same.

I never had vectors in school so I am quite a bit lost here.
I am only basic at math, so the Loc-stuff I created is kind of the things that I understand normally.

Would be glad if somebody would help me.
If you want I give you 4 rep.

Level 13
Ok, Vectors are normaly represented as arrows. They're just a line with a direction and a length. Vectors have the advantage of not using cos/sin although these functions are faster then most people think.
Vectors are 3D-Objects, so they got 3 values: x, y and z. They look like a normal location with a z value, but instead they're a line. As far as I know you're german, so I'd read this:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vektor starting from "Geometrie" ;)

Level 9
It makes doing something with say, camera smoothing techniques easier as well. Say you have 359 degrees and 1 degree, if you make those into vectors and add them you will end up with 0 degrees. As opposed to some systems which add two angles and divide by two.. just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.