• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Visual Studio Express Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
I am having a problem with showing new template folders.
I am following what this says. ( im trying to create item templates)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/y3kkate1(v=vs.100).aspx
It doesn't work though. It does not add the new template folders i have added.

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong ? thanks.

Scratch the first one i was adding it to wrong folder lol. Thanks I got a new question about templates though.
In my class that i made into an item how do i add other classes that are needed by that class ?

Last edited:
I guess you work with C# (judging from looking on that latest thread in same forum).
class_name instance_name = new class_name(); <- In case of default constructor.
If you use static class just go with
class_name.WHATEVER_YOU_WANT_TO_USE <- Ofc. care about encapsulation.

If you place 2 classes into same namespace you should be able to link them really easy (way above).
Otherwise you need to import namespace they belong, before declaration of class, where you use it.
(For example below using System;)

Care about encapsulation all the time. You will see partial classes (like one you see when you
enter code in background of your form) that could be 2 or more times coded on different places.
Also some classes inherit data from other classes like this class_name1 : class_name2
just like your_form inherit Form (This allow your_form to have same properties as Form).

It's hard to tell what problem is, maybe you already know those things. I could suggest posting
code or uploading solution as rar/zip attachment here.

Level 29
Ya I already know all of those.
Let me explain a little better.
I use C# with visual studio express
I was making my own template files so I can add them just like any other Item Template.
Example of an item template is the class item. I have made these with the template wizard that is ok visual studios. The one template I want to make into an item template uses another template I have created. I was wondering what is the best way to make these in the other template.

Hopefully that cleared up some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.