• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Virus in WE Unlimited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
A couple of days ago, my Antivirus (Avira) alerted me that there was a trojan in my computer, and it happened every time I started up the editor.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Level 31
WEU was awful tool to be used and could corrupt map easily.

As for the anti-virus, I can explain it to you.

JNGP and WEU inject his own code into the process of WE. Most tools allow to setup an exception for such cases, some have to be turned off though (like Kaspersky)

Avira Antivir detects several of the files as trojans, you can choose ignore for the reports and whitelist those files later to fix the problem. (Extras\Configuration, activate export mode, under both Scanner\Scan\Exceptions and Guard\Scan\Exceptions add the offending files to the list)

Level 7
Well you guys should know that its map enhancer (the edit map button) is useful to manage your imports and edit the tileset.

And to answer the first question theres no virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.