• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villagermale1.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Well, It started out as a hero for my map.. But the map went into the wastepaper basket.. So now i just upload it and hope ppl enjoys it.. The icon is avavible Here
-I will make changes if ppl gives good comments-
Update: Made the muscles abit better, Change the Braclets. And change the white part of the chin.

/Zeverens

Keywords:
VillagerMale1, VillagerMale, Villager, Male, V, I, L, A, G, E, R, M, Hero, Chain, Mail, Chain Mail, Chocobo, RPG, RP
Contents

VillagerMale1 RPG Hero (Texture)

Reviews
07:52, 2nd Sep 2008 Hawkwing: [Pending] Very well done, but even though you've managed to create a clean repeating pattern it still looks unnatural and needs to have a more realistic chain appearance. Also, the light strands of his hair on his...

M

07:52, 2nd Sep 2008
Hawkwing:
[Pending]
Very well done, but even though you've managed to create a clean repeating pattern it still looks unnatural and needs to have a more realistic chain appearance. Also, the light strands of his hair on his beard look too blurred.

Kimberly: Right, its either filters or patterned cnp and NEITHER of them are acceptable in this amount. Rejected.

Positive Comments

[+] Nice hair. The highlights on the chin could use some work though.
[+] I love the detail.
[+] Overall fairly appealing.

Negative Comments

[-] The chainmail seems quite repetative. In a sense that it's a repeating pattern.
[-] Not too many changes. Just added chainmail and new colours. But you neared the extent of what you can do with this idea.
[-] The arm is too blurry and the muscles don't really follow proper human anatomy. (it's just a bit sloppy.)
[-] The band around his upper arm isn't straight. You'll have to play around with it on the unwrap. Also, I hate how it uses the exact shadows as the arm.

Comments: It's the chainmail that bothers me. No, it's not a filter. But it's quite repetative and is just a pattern drawn overtop the original clothes. I think it's just lacking actually 'chains'. It looks alright in-game but in a cinematic it will look a bit sloppy.

Overall Rating: 3.25/5

Last edited:
Level 14
It does look a lot like it though. Keep in mind it's not impossible to do these types of things. It just takes time and focus.
Yeah I know its not impossible because I use to teach people how to draw things like this but usually it wasn't for warcraft. But the reason I asked is because there use to be a filter that did chain mail like this so I was just wondering. Good to know its not though. :D