• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

VillagerMale.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Haha
Reactions: deepstrasz
I was trying to make a Frodo model of the MaleVillager and this is the result. Comment and rate it. This is one of my first skins so pls be nice..

Keywords:
Frodo Baggins LOTR Lord of the Ring Rings One Hobbit
Contents

Frodo (Texture)

Reviews
17:15, 28th Sep 2009 67chrome: The way you created this looks time consuming. And not worth the time involved in creating it. Try using a different program to make your skins, GIMP is a free program that allows you to use techniques that look much...

M

17:15, 28th Sep 2009
67chrome: The way you created this looks time consuming. And not worth the time involved in creating it. Try using a different program to make your skins, GIMP is a free program that allows you to use techniques that look much better, and I'd imagine are easier to do than the CnP you are doing. Bad model choice for a hobbit to. Anyways, this skin is not getting approved.

Level 13
When I click'd on the resource I look'd at the name and whoa...
I thought it was "DonDustin"! O_O"

But pfeww, he wasn't it.
Please get sum practise, and the Art forum is your friend ;3

Last edited:
Level 13
Gonna get rejected. Sry. Learn to skin 4 real.

stop uploading horrible skins and get practice and read some tuts the right way to do it

Guys WTH...

Useless post man, don't make him feel bad, it's his first one and you're not stimulating him to get some practise and upload more.
He just dindn't understood the way of art.

Please, post next time some moar friendly replies. ((And getta fsjal xD))

Guys WTH...

Useless post man, don't make him feel bad, it's his first one and you're not stimulating him to get some practise and upload more.

Its technically not his first skin, if i recall he made a gandalf..

But he's right. dont flame... flaming is useless and is mean, dont you remember when you couldn't wait to upload your first resource?

Dinodin said:
I was trying to make a Frodo model of the MaleVillager and this is the result.
You have made a custom texture/skin, not a model.

The execution of this skin is terrible and ugly. You've just randomly copied parts from low quality JPG images an mashed them together in the unwrap, and have some kind of a tormenting urge to share it with the rest of the world.
You'll never get your skins accepted if you do this awful method.

Like I said in the other skin's comment thread:
This skin shows a great example of the reason why people should NEVER submit their first skins.

I'm afraid this skin is too damaged to fix, so you better let it rot in your harddrive (or better, remove it from your harddrive).
If you wish to get your future skins accepted, you should consider learning and start improving from these tutorials and other texturing tutorials on the internet.
Also, this place is also great to get some feedback, but wait for that when you're actually learning from the tutorials.

Oh, and if you're using MS Paint, STAY AWAY FROM IT!
Use instead Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, or if you want free alternatives; GIMP or Paint.net.

Level 12
Guys WTH...

Well, i just told him that this will get rejected, and that he should learn to skin freehand.
It's not like i said: OMFG WHAT THE F*CK THIS SKIN F*CK*NG SUCKS, YOUR THE WORST SKINNER EVER!!!!

Oh, and i might get a fsjal ;)