• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager Top Half

Tested it myself and it does indeed work in-game as a doodad prop.
This is for all of you sadistic people out there that need decorations of people cut in half.
Some of you might even think it's as tasty as the chicken leg model I made previously.

You have my permission to edit this model, but do not take credit for your version!

To make a second variation:
Open the model in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/war3-model-editor-62876/ and open up the MPQ browser. Open up the war3.mpq. Go to Units/Critters/VillagerMan. The VillagerMan.blp texture in this folder fits all of my villager piece models. The Units/Critters/VillagerMan1/VillagerMan1.blp texture also fits all of my villager piece models. To change the texture, right click this .bllp file and click Use as Texture.
Then go to the Materials list and find which material uses the VillagerMan texture and change it to use the VillagerMan1 texture (or vise versa). Then remove the other villager texture from the texture list, as it is unused, and it takes up uneeded file size.
You're done!
I've done this myself and it takes quite literally 15 seconds.

Update 9/05/12
--Re-uploaded the model. After seeing many of hiveworkshop's greatest resource developers leave, I decided to re-submit my resources after them being gone for over a year. I shouldn't have let my pride cause me to take my resources down so long ago. Anyway, I hope some people find use in this.

Keywords:
villager, half, top, piece, chunk, blood, gore, prop, dead, death, corpse
Contents

Villager Top Half (Model)

Reviews
General Frank: Might be useful for some maps, but not that creative or technically advanced. Works in-game. Approved.

M

Moderation: 16:44, 19th May 2011
General Frank:
Might be useful for some maps, but not that creative or technically advanced.
Works in-game.
Approved.

Level 4
the first thing i thought when i saw this was how marines get sliced into pieces by zealots in starcraft 2.

but i have to agree with Klayton, variations are always very nice for doodad models.

Level 15
good, but there's a similar model on the evil russian site that-must-not-be-named, which also has unit animations...

Level 27
good, but there's a similar model on the evil russian site that-must-not-be-named, which also has unit animations...

XGM.ru*. You can mention it, if you give a warn there are WoW rupped models there. And you mean those reanimated corpses. Yes, there's a bunch of body parts that jump around and are counted as a single model, so it looks kinda funny, grotesque and stuff. But those can't be used as doodads, so this one should be more comparised to headless child corpse and hooked villagers we have here on Hiveworkshop.

Talking about this model, I do agree more varaiations would be awesome.
You could also create female villager corpse models, I mean we have male and child corpse models already, right?
And I have to agree with the model's author, it sure loks delicious.

*This site may and definetly does contain ripped WoW models and it's illegal to use these.

I am seeing many people talk about the model, but not so many ratings! Please rate the model! I want to see what everyone thinks of the model, not just what the people who like it think of it!
And, yes, you can expect more variations in the future. The only issue with creating variations of a model is that it will be difficult to have them approved, as they will not be much different from the already existing ones.

Level 4
Cant you add the variations into one model like the original wc3 models do sometimes? (I am no modeler so i dont know)

besides, i dont know if you really want me to rate the model. its useful, most likely, its well done, i think so, but its nothing special. i wouldnt give it anything better then 3/5, maybe less, because you have to compare this with all the other models around and there are some quite hilarious ones.
if i rate this model honestly compared to all the high quality models its just too simple to get a good rating, still it definitely is useful.

Using different animations for each form, yes? There are some issues with that:
One: Different pieces have different sizes
Two: This would cause a massive amount of uneeded polygons used for every piece when a person only wants to use one
Three: I don't feel like spending all of that time doing it
Four: Doodads don't easily swap between animations.

Level 4
i dont know if its done via animations, but what i meant was for example the rocks in wc3. there is only 1 rock in the doodad list (for every region) but it got 10 different variations which are randomly choosen when placing the doodad.

i dont know if its done via animations, but what i meant was for example the rocks in wc3. there is only 1 rock in the doodad list (for every region) but it got 10 different variations which are randomly choosen when placing the doodad.

When you see a rock with 10 seperate variations, those are actually 10 seperate models.

Level 2
this is should be good for anyone looking to put something more graphic in their maps. OOh suggestion: flowing blood from body