• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager Arm

This is a villager arm! Most likely cut off of a villager!
Now it's on your dinner plate!

You have my permission to edit this model, but do not take credit for your version!

To make a second variation:
Open the model in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/war3-model-editor-62876/ and open up the MPQ browser. Open up the war3.mpq. Go to Units/Critters/VillagerMan. The VillagerMan.blp texture in this folder fits all of my villager piece models. The Units/Critters/VillagerMan1/VillagerMan1.blp texture also fits all of my villager piece models. To change the texture, right click this .bllp file and click Use as Texture.
Then go to the Materials list and find which material uses the VillagerMan texture and change it to use the VillagerMan1 texture (or vise versa). Then remove the other villager texture from the texture list, as it is unused, and it takes up uneeded file size.
You're done!
I've done this myself and it takes quite literally 15 seconds.

Update 9/05/12
--Fixed the internal name
--Re-uploaded the model. After seeing many of hiveworkshop's greatest resource developers leave, I decided to re-submit my resources after them being gone for over a year. I shouldn't have let my pride cause me to take my resources down so long ago. Anyway, I hope some people find use in this.

Villager Body Parts:
[thread=195732]Villager Top Half[/thread]
[thread=195751]Villager Top Half (no arm)[/thread]
[thread=195733]Villager Bottom Half[/thread]
[thread=195753]Villager Arm[/thread]

Keywords:
villager, arm, blood, gore, death, dead, corpse, piece, chunk
Contents

Villager Arm (Model)

Reviews
General Frank: Might be useful for some maps, but not that creative or technically advanced. Works in-game. Approved.

M

Moderation: 21:58, 19th May 2011
General Frank:
Might be useful for some maps, but not that creative or technically advanced. Works in-game.
Approved.