• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Village house

This is the second stage building of my Thatched cottages building.

Description:
It is a village house with a small yard and a vegetable patch, where another house is placed and expanded in the buildings upgrade animations. In the Medival Age these kind of buildings where used as house by families of the middle classe, mostly craftsman, tradesman, workers, etc. They could typically be encountered in bigger villages or towns. Several big families lived crowded together in these houses as space for flats in the central parts of cities was expensive. At the outer parts, where more place was available, these houses were enclosed by little vegetable patches or small yards.

I used this picture as reference (for the last upgraded version):
Anno1404-Buergerhaus.gif

The model only uses ingame textures (for low filesize) and has a portrait camera, team colour, the standard animations (Stand/Birth/Death/Decay) and four upgrade levels.

Pls give credits, if you use it in your map.

Keywords:
village, house, home, flat, building, structure, town, city, medival, age, anno,
Contents

Village house (Model)

Reviews
General Frank: Useful and very well executed. I don't think we have much of these here on the Hive. Keep it up. Approved.

M

Moderation: 22:40, 24th January 2011
General Frank:
Useful and very well executed. I don't think we have much of these here on the Hive. Keep it up.
Approved.

Level 3
Wow!

Really nice model you've got here, detailed, good quality!
Looks like something people could use for a dwarven-type map somehow ^^'

5 / 5 from me :)

Level 1
I really like this one, really matches the reference picture. But, where is the reference picture from?

Anyway, it's quite neat :)

Thanks for the comments. :thumbs_up:
I planned to do some more buildings, but it will probably take some time till I do/finish them, so don't expect them too early. :wink:

I really like this one, really matches the reference picture. But, where is the reference picture from?

Anyway, it's quite neat :)
It's from 'Anno 1404'.

Really high quality model, plus kinda fit's in with Mr. Bob's medieval building pack!
Yay, I also use them together with Mr. Bob's medieval building pack. (Really great building pack by the way :thumbs_up:)

Level 9
Great indeed! I like it very much, this could be used in so many ways, the model's quality is pretty high, and the execution is well done too, the filesize is okay, i like how you used the ingame textures, and even the cabbages out there! The only thing that i don't like is that you didn't get any "5"-es. Take one from me, great, thanks a lot.
Continue your work, it's wonderful.
Best Wishes.

Talking about Bob, hisn pack lacks some houses to live/defencive structures. Can you... fix that, if you get what I mean?

Yea I also saw that most of the buildings are kind of military training buildings (just what Age of Empire are mostly :xxd:) or some economic buildings. Thus I already have some structure model concepts in mind which I planned to do, to fill up some of these gaps (mostly live, economic and defensive related). Let's see how far I get :grin:. But if you have some specific structures in mind, just post them and I'll see if I can implement/add them to my list. :wink: