• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Village Defend v0.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Village Defend v0.3

Created by Johnleus

Map Info:

Game Difficulties
Game Difficulties

Noob
Noob

10 Minutes - 1 Type of Zombie - 10 Lives
Beginner
Beginner

15 Minutes - 2 Type of Zombies - 15 Lives
Intermediate
Intermediate

20 Minutes - 3 Type of Zombies - 20 Lives
Expert
Expert

25 Minutes - 4 Type of Zombies - 25 Lives
Suggested Player
Suggested Player

Solo / Singleplayer

Goal:

Defend the Village at all cost don't let the zombie approach them! your the only one who can save the humanity.

Screenshots:

xpc8aq.png

154ua0p.png

2cqo7mc.png

Changelog:

*Map Released

*Map size increased
*Added Dialog
*Added Difficulty
*Max Level Turned to 5
*Added Village houses
*Added 2 kinds of type of zombies
-Generic Zombie
-Crimson Head
*Changed name and size of zombie to mini-zombie
*Fixed few bugs
*Added teleportation
*Fixed Bug in Scoreboard
*Fixed Bug that boomer can't spawn
*Upgraded cost Increased
*Exp Rate turned to 10%

*Added "bomb" ability to sniperman
*Added Weather
*Added "Tower" building structure
*Fixed Few issues

Author's notes:

This Map is just a "SIMPLE MAP"

If you have any suggestions for my map, please comment below and share your thoughts! Please also share any bugs / constructive criticism about my map.

Contents

Village Defend v0.3 (Map)

Reviews
21:57, 20th May 2014 Orcnet: needs more work.
Level 21
Pretty boring map with nothing really original in it. Here are some reasons for this:-

- Apart from some grammar mistakes, I don't find this map interesting because once your sniperman has become strong enough and you have researched the two researches, I just kept watching the sniperman killing zombies without doing anything
- The map size is really tiny and I didn't appreciate that
- No enemy variation. What does that mean? It means that there are only two types of zombies, Zombie and Boomer. What about any other type of zombie having some abilities to make the game more interesting and harder? Currently, the game is far too easy and boring
- After a certain wave (I don't remember which exactly), Boomers did not spawn anymore and they were the only hard ones to kill so the game became even more boring

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Well, the first thing I'd suggest is increasing the size of the map from Scenario ---> Map Size and Camera Bounds
- Then, add some new types of zombies by using models like Dalaran Reject or Dalaran Mutant and add to them some particular things like higher armor, HP or movement speed. Or you might add to them abilities like splitting into two smaller zombies when killed. That would be cooler
- Some abilities to the sniperman would be cool too like a bullet which explodes on contact and deals damage in a small area or an ability in which he launches a grenade
- Check that bug in which Boomers do not spawn (unluckily I can't open the map in the world editor for some unknown reasons so I can't tell you what's the problem)

OVERALL RESULT:-
A dull and boring map. I'm sorry but this map can't get more than 1/5 from me. Consider posting your map here

Level 10
Pretty boring map with nothing really original in it. Here are some reasons for this:-

- Apart from some grammar mistakes, I don't find this map interesting because once your sniperman has become strong enough and you have researched the two researches, I just kept watching the sniperman killing zombies without doing anything
- No enemy variation. What does that mean? It means that there are only two types of zombies, Zombie and Boomer. What about any other type of zombie having some abilities to make the game more interesting and harder? Currently, the game is far too easy and boring
- After a certain wave (I don't remember which exactly), Boomers did not spawn anymore and they were the only hard ones to kill so the game became even more boring

- Well, the first thing I'd suggest is increasing the size of the map from Scenario ---> Map Size and Camera Bounds
- Then, add some new types of zombies by using models like Dalaran Reject or Dalaran Mutant and add to them some particular things like higher armor, HP or movement speed. Or you might add to them abilities like splitting into two smaller zombies when killed. That would be cooler
- Some abilities to the sniperman would be cool too like a bullet which explodes on contact and deals damage in a small area or an ability in which he launches a grenade
- Check that bug in which Boomers do not spawn (unluckily I can't open the map in the world editor for some unknown reasons so I can't tell you what's the problem)

A dull and boring map. I'm sorry but this map can't get more than 1/5 from me. Consider posting your map here

Really? A small map? I beg to differ. It is small, but it's appropriate enough for a simple map like his.

Level 6

Nah who needs a better map when you can create just a simple one and also hard map? this map is easy i tell you that one but this map is easy go find your self a hardcore mAp if you dont want easy maps.
BTW nice review shadow fury(im not lying) and also shadow fury i see your point here on your first review of the map do you going to review it again? he said he updated it.

Level 30
Your incoming works are impressive, but somehow this map leads down under, its very simple--too simple, since the map is just small and game play is on a small scale it should be atleast stated as a mini-game/defense typo.

The hero I'm using has an average attack animation and damage, which taking on expert level to be pointless, I'd suggest if the game would have difficulties, you might as well give your back into it by least giving some items, traps, you know tactics to keep lives.

Oh am I thinking about adding towers? that's a show.

For now it needs aesthetics, since its a single player map and all, not Death Sheep v9000.

Level 5
yeah i know.. my map is just simple to play. but i make this map for fun. i put a lot effort and hardwork to make this simple map!

Your incoming works are impressive, but somehow this map leads down under, its very simple--too simple, since the map is just small and game play is on a small scale it should be atleast stated as a mini-game/defense typo.

Level 21
Nah who needs a better map when you can create just a simple one and also hard map? this map is easy i tell you that one but this map is easy go find your self a hardcore mAp if you dont want easy maps.
BTW nice review shadow fury(im not lying) and also shadow fury i see your point here on your first review of the map do you going to review it again? he said he updated it.

Sadly, it is no more available :/
And my aim is not to make a "hardcore" map as you called it but at least try to improve the map a bit. I know that a map of that size can't become hardcore but at least acceptable enough for approval.