• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Viking Sword

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Was googling through Google haha, and came across a Viking Sword. So i decided to model one, and here it is :).

Good for Medieval Games or RPG's or Fantasys.

Updates:

Custom Texture (simple)
image:
models6220screenshotbi1.jpg

Changes:// Used ingame Texture, and Soon to reduce Polys
vikingsword3ho7.jpg

Changes:// Reduced Polys From 210polys to 124polys
vikingsword4zx4.jpg

Keywords:
Sword, Medival, Viking, RPG,
Contents

Viking Sword (Model)

Reviews
20:29, 5th Dec 2008 Pyritie: Make the material two-sided and reduce the poly count. At the moment the hilt especially has too many polies. You can use a 4-sided cylinder instead of a 12-sided one, for example. 4th Jan 2009 Pyritie: Changes not...

M

20:29, 5th Dec 2008
Pyritie: Make the material two-sided and reduce the poly count. At the moment the hilt especially has too many polies. You can use a 4-sided cylinder instead of a 12-sided one, for example.

4th Jan 2009
Pyritie: Changes not made, resource rejected. If you ever get around to fixing this, feel free to PM me and ask me to set it back to Pending so you can update it.

Level 26
the model itself looks fine, but I don´t think that a custom texture is needed ,because there are so many good metal textures ingame which could work very well.
I also think that he poly count could be a bit lower for such a simple weapon.
And the sword seems a bit too long.( I would make it 20% shorter)

Level 19
Only thing that made my model high poly was the handle. Because i used shapes to create them.

Plus going to upload updated one now, and going to redo the handle soon.

The blade i did one side, and duplicated and formed it together sure thats multiplying but the blade is only 30 polys, and the handle is 180 Polys

Level 2
Great sword

It is great.A go0d desing but a dont get why it is not good to be long. A like long swords it goes whit blademaster of eny tupe.When a can rate al give it 5\5,

Level 12
Come on HT, cut the man some slack.
Everyone agrees it's a good and useful model, and the poly count is fine.
You know, this site would get a lot further if people didn't constantly criticise the same work over and over... I mean fine, you said that he needs to raise the polies and he did, and then you keep complaining... gee :S
and don't take this the wrong way, I'm just saying what I think, not aimed towards annoying or "dissing" you.

It's not like your going to have hundreds of these on the screen at any time, so...
Anyway, I'm pretty sure the swords in Oblivion have a poly count over 124 -.-
more like 1,240 polies :eekani:

Great Work Robot Dude. The Model has a nice bit of detail, looks fairly realistic and fits well. Hope you make some more models, you're beginning to become skilled :wink:

Level 16
I actually agree with HappyTauren. If it's possible to reduce polies further, isn't it common sense to do it? People really take criticism too personally, when if you actually listen to it, you will get better. And then you guys destructively criticize HT, when all he is trying to do is help robot-dude.

~Snap

Level 19
I actually agree with HappyTauren. If it's possible to reduce polies further, isn't it common sense to do it? People really take criticism too personally, when if you actually listen to it, you will get better. And then you guys destructively criticize HT, when all he is trying to do is help robot-dude.

~Snap

I am still re-doing the handle as we speak.

So the later (HT) wants the handle as a square? that might actually be pretty good, if not for his ranting. oO i mean really HT..... oO this should now be aproved JUST because you don't like it ^^

Anyway, i would suggest that you kinda make the whole sword smaller, that would fix the handle thickness and the blade lenght. And yea...... do try to lower the handle pollies ^^

~Misha~