• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terran Viking

Model uploaded by Krakenn99. Author is Wojia10502, who should be credited.
Krakenn99 said:
This model is not made by me!!! All credits to Wojia10502. I tought that the model would be very useful to a lot of people and in general it's an amazing model with amazing animations so that's why I decided to upload it. I checked the rules but I did not see if I can upload this or not, so my apologies if I'm posting this against the rules. I tried contacting Wojia but I din't really find any profiles, the model is from 2007 so I think he has stopped modelling from long time ago... if he's actually still active and wants me to delete this I'll do it asap.
Contents

Terran Viking (Model)

Level 14
Hey Krakenn99,

I totally agree with you, as I always think that sharing is better for everyone.
I just wanted to point out that this is usually required on the hive. I think, maybe if you include the option in your description that you will delete this, if the author contacts you to do so and that you tried to contact him but it was not possible, I would say, then this is clear, that is only meant to do good and not meant to be stolen.

Last edited:
Level 11
Hey Krakenn99,

I totally agree with you, as I always think that sharing is better for everyone.
I just wanted to point out that this is usually required on the hive. I think, maybe if you include the option in you description that you will delete this, if the author contacts you to do so and that you tried to contact him but it was not possible, I would say, then this is clear, that is only meant to do good and not meant to be stolen.

You're right, I'll inlude that in the desc. asap.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Model is a unique mesh with unique animations and unique texture. Its design is similar, but different from SC2 Viking. Specifically the shoulder missile launchers are meant to have only 5 tubes but in this model they have 6. The team colour positioning is also inaccurate.

The proposed age and these inaccuracies point towards the model being hand made during/before StarCraft II Wings of Liberty alpha. It certainly is not a port from StarCraft II.

Level 11
Model is a unique mesh with unique animations and unique texture. Its design is similar, but different from SC2 Viking. Specifically the shoulder missile launchers are meant to have only 5 tubes but in this model they have 6. The team colour positioning is also inaccurate.

The proposed age and these inaccuracies point towards the model being hand made during/before StarCraft II Wings of Liberty alpha. It certainly is not a port from StarCraft II.

No it is not, that makes the model even more amazing. It was made when Starcraft2 beta was up I think but I am not sure.

Moderation Comment:

Well, the user is inactive indeed, but what makes it easier is that he has an account here at THW. So, I'll set him as the author, so he's able to whatever he thinks is best with it, and please, contact him immediately, via PM, if you didn't, about this issue. He might be notified in his e-mail or something. (Sometimes we see a user is inactive and we don't even try contact) - and the model itself is pretty awesome indeed. Approved.

Level 11
Moderation Comment:

Well, the user is inactive indeed, but what makes it easier is that he has an account here at THW. So, I'll set him as the author, so he's able to whatever he thinks is best with it, and please, contact him immediately, via PM, if you didn't, about this issue. He might be notified in his e-mail or something. (Sometimes we see a user is inactive and we don't even try contact) - and the model itself is pretty awesome indeed. Approved.

Okay done. I told him that his recource is submited and if he wants he can delete it. I only wanted to share it because the model is just amazingly awesome :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Please I need help to get this model working but it still doesn't show it model

Level 2
Like I said the problem is the model itself. Even though I import it, it still don't work

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You sure it is the model and not the textures? Since the time this model was released Blizzard changed the BLP loading code so that some textures that were incorrect but used to work now cause a model to fail to load.

Specifically if the texture is JPEG content, is declared as having mipmaps but does not have a full set of valid JPEG mipmap files. The texture will fail to load and the model that used it will also fail to load.