• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

View in 3D for skins does not show expected model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
@Nevo reported that hitting "View in 3D" on this texture does not give the expected result. It shows tons of models that might use this texture, but none of them is the expected Orc Burrow.

I am doing a look-up of all models using this texture path and showing them in the sidebar. At no point does my code look at the replacement.

This is quite inconvenient, hence a report here so I can track it.

Any suggestions on how to best fix it? I was thinking about looking at models that use very few textures including the one being looked for.

Last edited:
Level 29
Seems intuitive to me to show standard models that have the same path first, since typically if one is overriding a standard path, it's intended to be used by exactly those models (and in this case also with the custom models if they were imported).
In addition, this will generally be 1, maybe 2 models, unless you were to override an extremely shared texture path, like splats.

Status
Not open for further replies.