• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Video Game Characters request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am currently in the process of making an RPG about video game characters, and im in need of models

at first i wasn't gonna bother with models but as i progress i find it just doesnt look as good as i want it to without them

initially i thought of a game based off VideoGameRPG but as i progressed i realized that 99.9% of the game was unusable and, while it was based off of it, i find that there is barely any of it left! lol, though im still gonna credit the creators of the original

the models i need are as follows (may need more later)

Cloud & Sephiroth - Though there is one already, its not good enough and it takes up too much space (preferably Advent Children + "One Winged Angel" animations from Kingdom Hearts)
FFVII-Advent-Children-01.jpg

Link & Zelda- Same thing (Perhaps based off Twilight Princess' Link & Zelda + OoT's Shiek transformation)
link_artwork_histoire.gif
sheik_trophy.jpg

Samus Aran - There is a model for it, but its based off the marine, and while i found another model, its not a public one (Metroid Prime/2 + Fusion suits, any of them would be great but all of them would be awesome!)
samus_trophy.jpg
mpgba3.jpg

Knuckles & Shadow - From the Sonic the Hedgehog series (Super + Hyper with flashing colours and flowing spikes)
Advance2_knuckles.jpg
shadow_the_hedgehog_8pe.jpg

Mario & Luigi - The red and green plumbers, based off Sunshine or 64, doesnt matter
02.jpg
luigi_smash-p.jpg

X & Zero - Fresh new model for X & Zero (I'm not tryin to be rude, but those were ugly)(Command Mission Alt. for X, comeplete with red-flame-wing-cape-scarf-image-thingy you see when X moves in that game, and Zero series Alt. for Zero)
Zero_with_saber.jpg
MM15-ZeroX5.gif
megaman%20x.jpg

Sub-Zero/Scorpion/Rain/Ermac/Smoke/Noob Saibot - A basic ninja model with teamcolor in certain spots (To change characters simply by changing color)
Subzero.jpg

course there is more characters, but lets see if i can get even one of these first lol

the game could also use some icons for the afformentioned characters if anyone would be willing to provide em

i was wondering if it would be possible to put midis in the game somehow? MP3s are too big, so i was gonna put in midis (decent ones) from certain games in certain areas..... thing is, i haven't yet discovered a way to put them in

so far all i have done is some triggers and certain areas of terrain, which i'll probably change later on since im the kind of guy that constantly refines his art, though i could use some things to use as decoration in the interior areas (such as a hardwood floor tileset) its not on the top of the TO-DO list

anyways thanks in advance for any help provided

Level 5
I don't think multiple versions of the Knuckles and Shadow models are nessecary. It might be possible to just edit one model so that the red (for Knuckles) or black (for Shadow) parts of the model's fur are the parts influenced by team color. With that logic one could also do Super Sonic with a team color edit as well.

Level 1
GoblinLord - Whachu talkin bout Willis?

VGsatomi - ah, but it is possible to make better looking models that take up less space if the ones im talking about take up an unessessary 800kb!!! 600 of that is the skin alone... besides only Cloud + Sephiroth + Link exist, all 3 of them suffer from the same clock-work movement, Virtua Fighter polygons and heavy skins which really weighs down the file size... no wait, Samus, mario,luigi and X does too but they bare little resemblance as they were based on pre-existing warcraft models(save X) and have no animations of their own

Mecheon - yah, i do know Shadow never hit the Hyper but that doesnt mean he can't, he never got the chance cuz he wasn't in the game, i'd imagine his hair would be wavier and he'd flash jus like knux and sonic did

Mr.Clean - I wasn't saying multiple versions of the models, just animations to those models that give em the "Super" look (wavy hair and shining colors, while the team color can be changed, it can't be changed to the bright red of Super Knux or Platinum of Shadow, nor can it do the flashy thang that hyper does, though i could simulate that if the teamcolor was turned white and then i just triggered a flashing thang)

that still leaves Sheik, and the MK Ninjas, i imagine she could be based off the warden or one of those recently created models that look so good, and Sub-Zero & Company could be based off the Male Ninja, sans weapon, team color and different animations

i got a question, does anyone ever take up these requests? or do people just shoot em down as impossible or not worth their time and redirect them to the pre-existing models? hmmm i guess i shouldn't even mention Dante & Virgil, as Dante already exists in an Arthas based form......sigh i guess its gonna be basic models for everyone afterall, so much for beauty in a game!

Level 2
I agree about the lack of good VG models. I need a well done Yoshi model (preferably ripped from a gamecube game), but nobody is willing to take up the challenge. I'd do it myself, but I don't know how to rip models from nintendo games... I am usually redirected to their preexisting Yoshi, which just doesn't look right.

Level 1
i know what you're saying.... i wonder if i could convince someone to make a Breath of Fire III model of either Teepo(kid/adult), Rei(Teen/Adult/Were-Tiger), Momo n Honey or Peco(+Combat Form)??

nah probably not... argh, i wish i had a way to do it myself....

biggest problem for me is working on a map without models.... i just can't see them as i want them to be....and i lose motivation as a result, but i shall persevere and make substitutions.....only with great reluctance if i must...

You have a lot of wishes, but you have to use those models/skins you find here for the moment. I don't think all of your requests will come true.

Redsonic is working on a Sonic model and he said that he will also make other Sonic characters after the Sonic model has been done. Though his trial version of Milkshape has been expired. :shock:

And if you need more characters, I can suggest some of these characters below:

Kirby (I made a model of it here) :wink:
James Pond (you can use a red coloured Mur'gul Slave to make a James Pond)
Solid Snake
Vivi (maybe Werewulf's Wraith Knight model will do?)

I've remembered a tool that has many functions (like protecting maps, fixing file sizes, removing unused stuffs), and I think I can remember that I will give you the functions to add midi files in your map. I cannot remember the name of this tool.

GoblinLord said:
sorry for not providing any help, but i just wanna tell you that Noob Saibot doesn't exist, it's just a joke flash-film :lol:

Actually there is a Noob Saibot in Mortal Kombat 4. You use some secret code commands while choosing character, and you will get Noob Saibot using the chosen characters abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.