• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Victory For The Horde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello and welcome to this thread.

Victory for the horde description:
It will take you trough the battles of the second war up to the siege of lordareon then all will change into a new alternate universe where the horde was victories and destroyed lordareon capital. You will play both the alliance and horde into this campaign.

Victory for the horde gameplay:
Gameplay will have you fight with limited number of troops, or with high number of units. Some maps will be risk based maps, some will be with just a few units. Basebulding will be limited in some maps as you start with the base alredy builded. There are no heroes units like warcraft 3...There are however similar to warcraft 2 and with the addition of a spell or an aura, but mostly will be buffs. Units will be similar to those of warcraft 2 and heroes. The maps might expand to diffrent regions...One map can have at least 2 region into it..This is momentarly droped because, It took me 2 hours to comeplete a mission with so many regions.(And example would be Hilsbrad,Durnhole,Zuldare all into one map.) In witch you must defend and complete the quests according to the story.
Victory for the horde story:
Most of the story will be narated and few dialogues. But trough naration the diferent characters that are into the story will interact with each other. All of the characters will be based either on the Warlords of Draenor, Tides of Darkness, Beyond The Dark Portal,Warcraft Chronicles. Most of the story will be based around the original game with gaps filled from the various books that I mentioned. I might retcon something but not too drastically.

Frist Map Tips:
-The catapult deals alot of damage ( It does alot to yours aswell if you missfire.) keep it safe.
-You can build units once you get the base.
-The units are free they only cost time. For a Dragonmaw Elite the time is 2 minutes.
-Destroy the circles of power so that the enemy training units stop.
-Yellow is the weakest attack him frist.
-Avoid Green until you cleared the other 2 since green is alot more stronger.

This thread will be updated as soon as a new map is made or a new information is going to be put in.

Credits for the units:
Orc Champion: Bagysta
QM Module props orc - decorations: jixed
Ironforge Defender Upgrade: Darious
Blackrock Grunt Skin: Bagysta

Screenshots:​

Warcraft For The Horde2.pngWarcraft For The Horde3.pngWarcraft For The Horde4.pngWarcraft For The Horde5.png

Attachments

• Victory For The Horde 1.w3m
    12.6 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Level 4
Hello and welcome to this thread.

Victory for the horde description:
It will take you trough the battles of the second war up to the siege of lordareon then all will change into a new alternate universe where the horde was victories and destroyed lordareon capital. You will play both the alliance and horde into this campaign.

Victory for the horde gameplay:
Gameplay will have you fight with limited number of troops, or with high number of units. Some maps will be risk based maps, some will be with just a few units. Basebulding will be limited in some maps as you start with the base alredy builded. There are no heroes units like warcraft 3...There are however similar to warcraft 2 and with the addition of a spell or an aura, but mostly will be buffs. Units will be similar to those of warcraft 2 and heroes. The maps might expand to diffrent regions...One map can have at least 2 region into it..This is momentarly droped because, It took me 2 hours to comeplete a mission with so many regions.(And example would be Hilsbrad,Durnhole,Zuldare all into one map.) In witch you must defend and complete the quests according to the story.
Victory for the horde story:
Most of the story will be narated and few dialogues. But trough naration the diferent characters that are into the story will interact with each other. All of the characters will be based either on the Warlords of Draenor, Tides of Darkness, Beyond The Dark Portal,Warcraft Chronicles. Most of the story will be based around the original game with gaps filled from the various books that I mentioned. I might retcon something but not too drastically.

Frist Map Tips:
-The catapult deals alot of damage ( It does alot to yours aswell if you missfire.) keep it safe.
-You can build units once you get the base.
-The units are free they only cost time. For a Dragonmaw Elite the time is 2 minutes.
-Destroy the circles of power so that the enemy training units stop.
-Yellow is the weakest attack him frist.
-Avoid Green until you cleared the other 2 since green is alot more stronger.

This thread will be updated as soon as a new map is made or a new information is going to be put in.

Credits for the units:
Orc Champion: Bagysta
QM Module props orc - decorations: jixed
Ironforge Defender Upgrade: Darious
Blackrock Grunt Skin: Bagysta

Screenshots:​

View attachment 375839View attachment 375840View attachment 375841View attachment 375842
Execuse me, how do we play this in custom campaign ?

Level 5
Execuse me, how do we play this in custom campaign ?
In most of the times you will control small unit groups where you need to take certain bases or locations just with them. Using micro and making your units survive those battles so you can win the map. Since I do not use wc3 style of heroes and use wc2 style my task is easy. You will just have the map bundle and load them individualy.

Level 4
In most of the times you will control small unit groups where you need to take certain bases or locations just with them. Using micro and making your units survive those battles so you can win the map. Since I do not use wc3 style of heroes and use wc2 style my task is easy. You will just have the map bundle and load them individualy.

And how do we do that ?

Level 5
And how do we do that ?
Well, when I will release the campaign on section maps on the forum you will download it, the maps will be made into a bundle and you take those maps and put it in your maps folder in warcraft 3 reforged and play them. Check below for the update and you will understand.

Update:
-I include an update in this replay so I do not need to spam.

-Gameplay:
- Controlling a group of units or two groups, most of the time the group will consists of twelve units or less depending on the scenario at hand.

-With the group or groups the scenario will include you to either deliver supplies to an encampment
(Resources so you can re-train lost units, these resources are also limited) , taking enemy encampments with just those unit group or other objectives all in the same map.

-Your unit groups are valuable if you lose too many of them you might not be able to win the mission.

-No warcraft 3 style heroes. The heroes will be in the style of warcraft 2 with buffs and stronger than normal units.

-The gameplay will be heavy influenced on micro rather than macro few maps will include a version of macro dimmed down. It will even allow you to sometime play with the enemy troops to attack your based. An example would be:
-The alliance will strengthen Tol Barad with resources and manpower after that you will attack dun modr as the stromguarde contingent. After that the shift will turn you will command the Orcs in retaking Dun modr and moving your forces to fight against the island of Tol Barad.

-Maps:

-Since I have manage to make the region work the maps will be quite big. Like stated before the maps might include something like this example:
-Zuldare, Southshore, Hillsbrad Foothills and Durnhole Keep all in one map.
-Loch Modan region where you will have to besiege Thelsamar, Dun Modr based on their locations in the universe of warcraft.

-Story:

-The "guidelines" for the story will be based on warcraft 3 manual, but will be twisted or retconed by me to include events, characters, races from the various novels and different timelines.
And the story in game will be presented like you would read a novel. Unfortunately not voice acted because my English is bad. Just text..Lots of it..Skipable.
-One example:

The Draenei will be their own race rather than a sub-race of the Eredar. In the campaign curse of the Blood Elves you first meet Akama as a Draenei that is the true Draenei before the Eredar retcon in the Rise of the Horde. I will have both the Eredar and the Draenei separated species on Draenor. But prophet Velen will still exist like an Eredar and how it is presented in WoW but he will not call himself a Draenei. Dranei are what Akama is like. I will twist those events of the novels to fit the narative I am writing.

Thank you for reading. The next update will be the last update and will include the first interlude explaining the background of the story and the first map a preview of what is to come. After this update I will focus on making the campaign.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.