• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Victory Tirgger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a game with four teams of two...i have tried many different victory triggers none have worked.

if player 3..4..5..6..7..8 is defeated
give victory to team 1
give victory to team 2

didnt work

if playters controlled by user is equal to 1

pick all players and give victory

didnt work

any help would be much apprieciated

Level 3
okay I'll try and help

Is this map like a footmen frenzy or something? Anyway just make it like this
Event:
a unit dies belonging to player 1 (red)
conditions:
unit equal to (or unit type equal to) main base 123
Action:
Defeat player 1
It's that simple then just contiue that patern for all players.

Level 4
heh, its simple enough to do though it makes alot of triggerers get confuzzled. Lets say, considering you had 4 teams of 2, they had to protect a base each. Therefore you have 8 bases as there are 8 players. The triggers for victory require more than 1 trigger for 2 teams. Here are what i could come up with:

Team 1 Defeat:

Events: A unit dies.
Conditions: dying unit is equal to Player 1/Player 2 base.
Actions: If/Then/Else
If ( player 1 base is destroyed ) and (Player 2 base is destroyed ) Then defeat player 1 and 2.

Repeat this for P3,4,5,6,7,8 and then use this trigger

Team 1 Win :
Events: Unit dies
Conditions: p3,4,5,6,7,8 base equal to destroyed
actions: victory to p1
victory to p2

If you dont understand what i am saying... which i doubt anyone would due to my rambling on about technical crap, then either PM me or send me the map and i will do it for you, no need for credit to me :D .

Level 6
the only difference between those 2 examples, is that Super Human's trigger says that the "team" is not defeated until both bases are killed. Inu Yasha's is more specific to the player. But with Super-Human's you can also put everything into one trigger. well, 2, one for victroy and one for deafeat. but it works for all teams, assuming you have the correct conditions. I personaly prefer the condensed triggers that effect everyone. They are much easier to edit and update if the need ever arises.

Although, i would change the first condition to "dying unit = base". That that could mean anyone's base. then have if/then/else actions for each team with the AND condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.