• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Victory Conditions.... There a Bugger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Al righty. I thank everyone for helping me so much already with my map and its needs but now I need to seal the envelope and to be honest It doesn't seem to be going how I wanted it to go.

Well I need to set my victory conditions now. And I've been looking ALL OVER the net and I found nothing. Other than that When I try using the trigger like
"Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)" But no combination seems to actually trigger the win. If you need variables then I'll need help with that (Don't know why I'm so rotten with the variables).

What I'm aiming for is:

- There is either 4 vs 4 or 8 player ally (with this: 4 vs 4 it NEVER says anything about winning even when there all dead. 8 player ally just says victory right when we start)

- There is a large computer Force in the middle (either Neutral Hostile or Player 12, You tell me if 1 will interfere)

- The other 4 players of course (with or against you)

- 2 training areas (opposite to the middle force (if middle is player 12 then is is neutral hostile, vice versa)

- player 10 is a guardian team for players 1-4 (computers with "Closed" slot during game.

- player 11 is a guardian team for players 5-8 (same as above)

- player 9 (Grey) as neutral force that is rescuable (i did all the triggers already for this)

SO........... Sorry for this.

I want it so that victory is when:

- EVERYONE in the middle force are dead (for both game modes)
- and the entire enemy team is dead (for 4 vs 4)

Now I would love is someone could help me with this. I don't why I'm having so much trouble with this.

Thank you for your time.

Ketaketish:spell_breaker:

• Death Victory
  • Events
    • A unit dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If/ Then/ Else
      • If (Conditions)
        • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
      • Then
        • Set Count_Group = (Units in (Playable Map Area) owned by Neutral Hostile)
        • Unit Group - Pick up every unit in (Count_Group) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • If/ Then/ Else
              • If (Conditions)
                • (Numer of units in (Count_Group)) Equal to 0
              • Then (Actions)
                • Game - Victory (Player 1 (Red)) (Show dialogs, show scores)
        • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Count_Group)
        • Else
          • If/Then/Else
            • If (Conditions)
              • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
            • Then (Actions)
              • Set Count_Group2 = (Units in (Playable Map area) owned by Player 12 (Brown))
              • Unit Group - Pick up every unit in (Count_Group2) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • ..... (same as above)
            • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Count_Group2)
This is just an example; is this what you want?

Level 2
Unfortunately I will need a little noobie walkthrought. It looks like theres 1 or 2 variables in there. I SUCK when it comes to variables. It looks legit but I hope to god it works.

Level 2
To set a unit count for the oppossing force (in 4 vs 4 mode) will I need a variable for every army (player 5, player 6, ect...)?

I'm kinda getting the hang a bit of variables.

{EDIT}
nvm about different variables. Its just different Arrays. So different arrays or can they go (somehow) in the same one? I'll try to find it myself but I you know the answer just drop by. thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.