• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Very Simple Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Hello Hive Dwellers,

I was wondering how one would go about making it so that when a certain unit got close enough to a certain building, their projectile would change and they would have a damage boost.

What i am trying to accomplish is that if an archer is next to a brazier, they shoot flaming arrows and have a damage bonus. But when they are not next to a brazier, they don't shoot flaming arrows. Any ideas?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

You could create two units, one shoots normal arrows, and the other shoots flaming arrows. When the unit with normal arrows gets close to the brazier it is replaced by a unit that shoots flaming arrows and then when it leaves a certain area around the brazier it switches back to the non flaming arrow unit.

There is probably an easier way tho...

Level 2
Hello ndh,

making such a system isn't all that hard!
This could work with a few simple triggers. Basicly, when your archer comes next to the brazier you add a trigger for changing the unit's missile type (not sure if that works). The brazier you could change to a unit as well. You could also create an aura for them like Codric said. And if the archer is outer range of the brazier, you can simply "reset" it.
So normal missile type and 100% damage (with fire probably 120% or sth.).

I've to say that I never tried it before but for me it sounds logical ;) I hope it works and that I helped you with your issue.

Cheers,
Jon

Level 11
Wow you guys!

Use 2 different attacks! (attack 1 and attack 2)

One works for structures and other for everything else ;P can make them completely different like that too (range, damage, turn melee even if you want when fighting buildings, or make em throw torches instead).

Anyways no triggers needed for that ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.