• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

VertexModifier Error on Vista!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I try running the file I dled from here and this is the Error it gives me:

-VertexDelete-
Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid

As I stated on the title, I run vista unfortunitly.
I tried running it under XP SP2 compatability, nothing changed. Also under admin, nothing changed.
Incomplete file download?
Or Vista again?
This is getting annoying o_O; I hate vista.

Level 3
Thanks for the help. Though my problem was somewhat listed, it did not fix it.
The program actually executes now, but cannot open MDLs.
I tried adding the VBrun60 (the Visual Basic Runtime that was described) and the file will not install on my system. I double click on it and it displays "A required resource could not be allocated"

The error I get on VertexModifier is now "Run Time Error '-2147417878 (80010108)':
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients"

This is the error I recieved after cnping the COX.dll into my system folder.

The VB Runtime installation never even gets started so this is the farthest I get.

WinRar detects the archives with the VBRuntime.exe as a "CAB"
I can explore the "archived" files viewing through WinRar, but it can't extract or repiar them as it only is useful on RAR and ZIP extensions. The files I see "within" the exe. or whatever the hell its supposed to be all match what Microsofts site listed. I think my error here is simply Operating System problems as some of the DLLs are written with Windows 95 in mind.

I'm guessing Vista has shot down Anyhope of me using any user made tool for my modding. Unless I suddenly win 2 to 5 grand, I won't be getting any Modeling program soon.

Level 30
Thanks for the help. Though my problem was somewhat listed, it did not fix it.
The program actually executes now, but cannot open MDLs.
I tried adding the VBrun60 (the Visual Basic Runtime that was described) and the file will not install on my system. I double click on it and it displays "A required resource could not be allocated"

The error I get on VertexModifier is now "Run Time Error '-2147417878 (80010108)':
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients"

This is the error I recieved after cnping the COX.dll into my system folder.

The VB Runtime installation never even gets started so this is the farthest I get.

WinRar detects the archives with the VBRuntime.exe as a "CAB"
I can explore the "archived" files viewing through WinRar, but it can't extract or repiar them as it only is useful on RAR and ZIP extensions. The files I see "within" the exe. or whatever the hell its supposed to be all match what Microsofts site listed. I think my error here is simply Operating System problems as some of the DLLs are written with Windows 95 in mind.

I'm guessing Vista has shot down Anyhope of me using any user made tool for my modding. Unless I suddenly win 2 to 5 grand, I won't be getting any Modeling program soon.
did you change the "," into "."? like its says on the site?

Level 3
I know this is hell'a long time ago....

The VertexModifier tells you when your system's format is using commas instead of decimals. To double check that, again, I checked, and everything is decimals that should be decimals. I don't know what the hell is ment by "Send me what country it says your computer is using the setting for. Click 'Customize'." but I did my best at excecuting what I needed to do, especially since on Vista, there is no "Custimize" for the Country selection. There is however for numerals, just like in older NT Windows. So, After purposely changing decimals to commas is when VertexModifier noted that it would not run once I attempted to open a model. The error I am recieving now when its (VertexModifier) on is-
"Run-time Error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method"
Note that is does this only when I click "Open" after the program is already started. It does this error no matter if the decimals or commas are being used in the Number Formats, for I tried it both ways for trouble shooting reasons.
I deleted VM and then unextracted a new one and I now recieve the old error listed above that required me to dl crap from MSs site... in which is "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q192461/". So, yeah, if I'm doing something wrong, then I'm completely retarded because I seriously don't know anymore.
Look, Its not like I'm asking how to make the program work on my comp, I just wann'a know how to make my comp run the program. Reverse order. Its not Oinkerwinkle's fualt that I happen to be poor and can't afford a better system that I could've chosen NOT to have vista and shitty hardware... >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.