• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

version update question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
lets say i make a map, i finish the beta and mrelease alpha 1.0. Then lets say i finish the next version, how would i detirmine what the next version would be?(1.0, 1.2, 1.3,1.7, 2.0)is it just whatever, cause right now i just go by .5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and so on

Level 7
theres no set method in doing this

my personal preference is to stick below v1.0 until u have what is considered the 'final product' which is 1.0
personally i use v0.000 digits of precision so to speak, the first v0.x00 is for major version changes, the second v0.0x0 is for minor tweaks, and the third v0.00x is for daily day to day saving and backing up
beta would start after v0.900 since beta is suppose to be almost done

i'm not sure why you'd release an alpha after a beta though, an alpha is suppose to be less complete than a beta

some people even use gold/silver/etc... which i think is dumb cause it doesn't mean much in terms of completeness -- at least with v1.034 you can say its a release after the finish product with '3 scales of minor improvements'

just my philosophy on the matter

Status
Not open for further replies.