• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vengeance Lost

Contents

Vengeance Lost (Map)

Level 2
Vengeance Lost is my first map and also a first in a cinematic series which I began in June, it tells the story of a young man Xann's search for his father. During this search Xann discovers the tale of Jak of Hearts, a man who seeks revenge on those who betrayed him. Xann soon sees the tale come to life as he gets placed in the middle of vengeance itself during his search for his father.

-Runtime of 14 minutes

-Voice acting by SamuraiPanda and JnM

-The map uses the cinematic system created by Infrane and Anitarf

-Includes a fight scene which spans over a few minutes

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Ah, once again a cinematic that's not a total beginner's work! :D

Nearly everything else was well done but the worst thing was the camera positioning. It was somehow boring and especially in the action scenes much too slow. Damn it, you use the cinematic system to time your cin exactly at short time periods, so don't wait always some seconds before you move again. The fight was technically quite good, but it would have been much better if everything would have been done at double speed.
Besides the cutting speed, you also should try to keep the perspective at a lower level. It's still too much normal warcraft view, from above all characters and with quite much distance to them. Get the camera closer to the characters and also the watcher will get closer into the story! :wink:

Well the rest is quite good I think, so I just make some rating:
Terrain 4.5/5
Music/Sound 4/5 (the music also isn't that good I think, sound alone gets 4.5/5)
VFX 5/5
Camera 3/5
Story 4/5 (until now)
---------------
:arrow: Total 4,2

Level 1
I do not agree with Waldbär. I think this cinematic is best ever! Cameras move so smooth, cool effects, new models, nice enviroment, long enough and most of all - good storyline! 10/5! Make 2nd part faster please :D