• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

.vbs to .exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If done right there is nothing wrong. It would purly automatically call the interpreter to run the script (maybe even containing a copy of the interpreter).

It is like how there are .py to .exe and those are perfectly legit.

Ofcourse if you download if from some funny domained russian site it most likly is a virus. Make sure the source of the coverter is a legit programming site and not some spoof hacker site.

Level 20
I haven't, but this one seems reasonably legit.
http://www.hide-folder.com/overview/hf_7.html

I would love to get myself a junker PC so I can download and test questionable programs. I use my laptop for now, since it costs less than my main.

It only opens command promt and tells you that "evaluation version only. purchase the software to disable this" when you run the .exe and then wont do anything.

Thats so joke.

Level 9
Anti-virus' can't pick up everything. Some malware gets past them.

Thats why one should always have "layers" of anti-virus and anti-maleware to protect you. I myself use both Avast! and Zonealarm, both free versions, and Avast! alone has saved from a few close calls.

As far as finding a converter from .vbs to .exe try "cnet.com", its a trusted site with millions of people downloading free programs from them, including anti-virus.

If they don't have a converter for .vbs to .exe then one probally doesn't exist.

And like the others said "Visual Basic Script" files can be very dangerous if they are a virus, my advice (from someone who has formated his PC twice to get rid of nasty viruses) if you don't DIRELY need that program, don't download it, its just not worht it...

Regards,

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.