• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Varok Saurfang

It took me less time to think how to make him, because Varok (in some Pictures) resembles a Warcraft 3 Blademaster.

Axe by Blood Raven
Faceguard by Blood Raven
Shoulderguards by General Frank's Fel Orc Enforcer
(VERY big thanks to them :thumbs_up:.)

Here some Lore: High Overlord Varok Saurfang[3] is a legendary Horde warrior who is a veteran of the First, Second, and Third Wars. He was also a part of theBlackrock Clan, and was put second-in charge during the wars. He served as Supreme Commander of the combined war effort against Ahn'Qiraj inKalimdor[4] and now leads the Kor'kron against the Scourge in Northrend.

(Source: Varok Saurfang)

Requested by ttb933

I took some reference from these Pictures:
This:

latest

and this:
th

Well I think he has yellowish eyes. I don't actually know if he has yellow eyes.

----------Update 27. May. 2017 (Minor)----------
- Added BTN/DISBTN & scorescreen
- Fixed a minor issue ('cough' ribbon emitter 'cough')

Don't distribute/edit him without my Permission and Give Credits if you use him. :ogre_hurrhurr:
Contents

BTNVarokSaurfang (Icon)

Varok Saurfang (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Really well done. No major mistake to be pointed out. Rather small ones, actually: the blade ribbon appears in the Dissipate animation, you could hide it there, maybe parenting it to the blade itself. And a hero glow in portrait's background could be...
Level 30
Much better than your Eitrigg model, if I'm being honest! If nothing else, it makes for an interesting variation of the typical Blademaster. I do hope you made sure to get permission from Blood Raven and General Frank, though!

Well....... I might have forgotten to ask first, but i just wrote them (thank you for reminding me :thumbs_up:). I just hope they don't mind. I mean this IS a great model.

Level 49
this is actually a pretty good model, i just wish that you change the armor texture to something that looks similar to the reference. I'm pretty sure there's a texture in the mpq that looks close to that, also braids.

Level 30
Actully that's why I commented, just saw your model while searching around for useful models :D
your model just appered in time.

That's good to hear. I hope i am mentioned in the special thanks of the Campaign.

It's just to bad, that i don't have skills to make a good icon for Varok and Eitrigg. I asked Sin'dorei300, if he could do this.

Level 30
Level 30
or make a simple custom skin from scratch *o* (or like -grendel said, keep searching for ingame textures thatfits better)

I look what i can do, but not today. At the next day i can do this, but only after 5:00pm in germany. (I live there.)

Edit: One Question (this doesn't have to do with the model): Can you make a passive Player use an Ai?

Last edited:
Level 30

I asked them both. @Blood Raven was okay with it and @General Frank said that he would only allow this if i would credit him here.

I cannot remember being asked about the permission, but I might have forgotten.

As mentioned above. you might have forgotten, because i remember clearly asking for your permission.
You said, that you would only allow this if i state here that the Shoulderguards are yours.
If you hadn't given me permission then this wouldn't be here in the first place.

And i tried to look for my comment on your profile, but for some reason i can't find it. It looks like that it was somehow deleted.

Edit: I can only say that i asked for your permission shortly after i uploaded this model.

Here Sep 2, 2016. It was at that date that i asked both @Blood Raven and @General Frank for permission.

I asked them both. @Blood Raven was okay with it and @General Frank said that he would only allow this if i would credit him here.

As mentioned above. you might have forgotten, because i remember clearly asking for your permission.
You said, that you would only allow this if i state here that the Shoulderguards are yours.
If you hadn't given me permission then this wouldn't be here in the first place.

And i tried to look for my comment on your profile, but for some reason i can't find it. It looks like that it was somehow deleted.

Edit: I can only say that i asked for your permission shortly after i uploaded this model.

Here Sep 2, 2016. It was at that date that i asked both @Blood Raven and @General Frank for permission.

Alright, fair enough. I don't to make it hard for you. I simply cannot remember you asked.

Really well done. No major mistake to be pointed out. Rather small ones, actually: the blade ribbon appears in the Dissipate animation, you could hide it there, maybe parenting it to the blade itself. And a hero glow in portrait's background could be good. Since those are minor issues, approved already. (Permissions for model part usage were explicitly given.)