• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Variety in Maps (Also one bug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello all!

I am a big fan of the project and I've had so much fun, however since the map is always really large and I rarely play with friends online, I can't stop to think that a smaller map would work wonders for these races. Could we possibly get a version of the UB on any of these maps:

RoC - Booty Bay
RoC - Lost Temple
TFT - Echo Isles
TFT - Andorhal
TFT - Devil's Cauldron
TFT - Twisted Meadows
TFT - Gnoll Wood

Also a possible bug I've found: Creeps (neutral units) and items have no text - neither names, nor team, nor description. Stats for the creeps are there but their info is missing. I am playing the 2.40 version (latest one) on 1.27b patch of the free version (pre-Reforged) Warcraft 3. I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 125
Level 3
A small update: I have tried my best to change the map to a couple of the above mentioned ones - Lost Temple and Booty Bay, however I was unable to do so just by the World Editor. Sadly after learning about other software that can be used I got jumbled even more. I managed to transfer the terrain but the doodads and map boundaries were a bit off which didn't help me and overall I failed to do what I wanted. Hope someone a bit more intuitive and knowing will be able to make more variety in the maps of the amazing UB.

Also, a small request on regards to more maps - can Taverns be added to those maps that don't have them like the original Lost Temple and/or Booty Bay in order to have the full experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
Also, a small request on regards to more maps - can Taverns be added to those maps that don't have them like the original Lost Temple and/or Booty Bay in order to have the full experience?
Ok, I will see what I can do.
Edit: I change the way system works, and already uploaded two maps of your choices. Please test and see if things have ever changed much.

Last edited:
Level 3
I am glad development has been restarted and am hoping that it will focus on clearing bugs and issues firstly and then adding new content. On that note, is it planned to add more maps to UB, including more maps with water, for example for the naga races, and fixing the big maps that don't work?

Level 27
I am glad development has been restarted and am hoping that it will focus on clearing bugs and issues firstly and then adding new content. On that note, is it planned to add more maps to UB, including more maps with water, for example for the naga races, and fixing the big maps that don't work?

Possibly in the next version we will include even more maps than there are currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.