• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Vampirism SPEED 2.48d

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: supertoinkz
Official Website: www.vampspeed.com

Vampirism Speed Version 2.48d - Released date 21st September 2009

View the full changelog at the official website.

Map created by SaMmM & DumbAssKing.

Vampirism Speed is a cross between a TAG and a TD.
Humans plays the role of tower builders and vampires are the taggers.
If a human is killed by a vampire, he will turn into one himself, joining the vampires in their reign.

Credits system used: Vexorian's Dummy Model, Romek's Explode String, kenny! meat hook, GTrigger by Jesus4Lyf.

Keywords:
vampirism, vamp, human, speed, fire, beast, ice, werewolf, lycan, td, tag
Contents

Vampirism SPEED 2.48d (Map)

Reviews
22:50, 2nd Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: See post #7, Rejected.

M

22:50, 2nd Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
See post #7, Rejected.

Level 2
Ugh, Vampirism is getting really old and I think peopled are starting to totally get bored of it.

Come on, Kitty Claw? Tiger Claw? Ugh...

Level 18
Vampirism SPEED 2.45 is a tag game, where humans must defend from the vampires for a period of time. The vampires must kill all the humans and turn them into their minions.

I used to play this map on Battle net. I can't say it's much good, however it is entertaining. Still it has way to many problems. The bad terrain is only one of them.

The biggest problem is the constant crashes. If the game lasts over thirty minutes it tends to send errors and crash, thus I can't approve with that problem.

The imbalance is a huge problems aswell, I remember a few bugs aswell.

2/5 and Rejected.

Level 1
I am offended... We just fixed the fatal errors in this version... I am a Moderator... Please actaully play the new version before you just judge it from a old version...

Level 3
Vampirism SPEED 2.45 is a tag game, where humans must defend from the vampires for a period of time. The vampires must kill all the humans and turn them into their minions.

I used to play this map on Battle net. I can't say it's much good, however it is entertaining. Still it has way to many problems. The bad terrain is only one of them.

The biggest problem is the constant crashes. If the game lasts over thirty minutes it tends to send errors and crash, thus I can't approve with that problem.

The imbalance is a huge problems aswell, I remember a few bugs aswell.

2/5 and Rejected.

Have you actually tested 2.45 before judging?

Level 2
I usually play 2.43,

Bugs that:
Vamp: OMG GUYS I CANT MOVE LOOK AT MID!!!
Human: No you just want to kill us/our slayers cuz we dun feed u!!
Vamp: Im serious!
*Vamp looks in Quests*
Vamp: -debug
All humans: -debug
Human: What is it?
Vamp: dunno saw in quest but nothing happens...

And the guys who say "How I level the slayer?", So i suggest to put back the "Slayer Swimming pool..." text on the swimming pool.

Still, I like it.

4/5

Level 4
This could have gotten a five out of five from me, but since the terrain is crap, the balance is crappier and the joy provided is the crappiest ever I'll rate it a generous 1/5 and vote for rejection.

The best part of this map though is that it has great spaces for improvements! :D

Level 1
First of all...
If the terrain fails,
All of the vampirisim speed maps and all of the vampirisim fire and vampire resurrection maps fail,
because almost all uses the same terrain, except for the vampire resurrection its terrain is all snow.
Second is Don't judge the old game Your words are very Offensive you haven't played
2.47c because you still recall the stuck bug
Third is Nothing is imbalance your just a noob that's why you think its imbalance
And lastly play the game atleast 5 times with a finished game...
A complete game before you judge with offensive words.

Level 31
Well, I always loved the Vamp Speed games. Sure the terrain sucks, but that makes the charme of Vamp Fire. The gap is not to enjoy the beauty of the terrain, but to have fun at playing and that is definetly so.
Don't say it's unbalanced, that say only noobs who don't know how to play it.
You have to learn the game for playing it the right way.
I like the many interesting items.
More towers?? Wtf there are already many towers, you don't need more.
Sure you could import some custom models, but that would result in long loading times or lagg.
If the fatal errors are fixed then this gets 4.75/5 of me.

Level 3
Yeah.....
But still the terrain sucks
Vamp resu is better in terrain than VAmp speed

ImBa!!!!!!!!!!1 power

Hi,

I personally feel that my map should be played because of its gameplay, not because of it's terrain. Furthermore, it is not an orpg or adventure game, it is a tag game. I want to retain the classic feel of the green grass terrain and proper bases.

Also, I do not want it to be filled with doodads and with different type of terrains.

Surely, you can also tell that almost no effort was put in at all for decorating the terrain, there are hardly any doodads at all, and 70-80% of the tiles are green grass. It is because the terrain is meant to be like that.

This is where my map will stand regarding its terrain, maybe it will be changed in the future, but not for now or anytime soon.

Level 7
Hey sammm i luv ur map, its the 1 map i play for about 1 year xD prolly me and mah friend r best players of this map in our country lol xD

Yet do something to protect this map, cuz i have NOW 16 versions of vamp speed, ~12 1.47c and other 1.48b/c xD

and sometimes commands -hp/-mp doesn't work on vamp.

And marines where the best idea u ever made xD best thing to make humans go WTF mate? xD

If u need testers for any crashes or bugs xD i can help xD i just want that this version would get more popular in the b.net xD

Last edited:
Level 11
Hi,

I personally feel that my map should be played because of its gameplay, not because of it's terrain. Furthermore, it is not an orpg or adventure game, it is a tag game. I want to retain the classic feel of the green grass terrain and proper bases.

Also, I do not want it to be filled with doodads and with different type of terrains.

Surely, you can also tell that almost no effort was put in at all for decorating the terrain, there are hardly any doodads at all, and 70-80% of the tiles are green grass. It is because the terrain is meant to be like that.

This is where my map will stand regarding its terrain, maybe it will be changed in the future, but not for now or anytime soon.

Man just joking..
But I think you really need to work about the terrain.
If you notice there are many cities in this world
and you need to make the terrain a little city terrain

I am a fan of this map.
But I hate looking at the same terrain of this map.
Like Vamp Ultimate and Fire.
In Garena, I always host this map.
BTW they know me as Blossom who always wants to trap a vamp

lol? then the humans are weak.
Vamp Helm one shot Diamond Wall? Then he cheated. I'll believe if he haz kitten clawz. And Diamond wall isn't final level wall.

What teleport? The Staff or the Sphere Doom?
If staff, I recommend covering any little path to your base with wall so shades can't get in and be teleported to.

Is sphere doom, you must act fast. Regrow every cut trees on your base. And if you can now build gold mines, build mines on every edges of your base (cut trees and regrow again) so the vamp can't just cut the tree and blink. Also, remember to make your walls two layered, the frontal one and the back. The frontal one should be stronger than then back walls. Also I recommend using only one frontal wall and two back walls.

Also act fast. Always maintain a full food cap. There should be two healing towers and a faerie tower C:

I can't say it's fully balanced. But the maker's really make imba items and heroes so they can match the humans. Think of the vampires using items giving 15 damage, 1 agility blah blah fighting an onyx wall with hundred-thousands of life. lol.

That's why it's called Vampirism Speed. It's a counterpart to the old Vampirism Fire. Two words, Act fast. If there are noobs on your side, and if your the host, kick them, fast. C:

Level 1
I don't really get it, you're making a weak base on purpose? Well then I guess it makes sense to build golmines there if you assume vamp is likely to break in. But why not make a solid base in the first place?