• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Vampirism Aura with mps cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey gus!
introduction:
since i've noticed that my angel arena mod went far too big, i'm modding fuza's teamsurvival 10.42 now, thought for my personal lan partys, but if it's good i'll upp it here.
and now, i'm working @ the totally op but useless blademaster. it turned into a tigerian slicer, with a assisting battleshout & very awesome crit/dodge so far.
request:
now i want to give him a weak activateable vampiric aura that drains mana like it would be a immolation aura, fitting much to his 15x crits, but also supporting other meeles a lil bit.
i've tried it on my own and i could still work with a trigger (or 10, to be exact), but i don't want to waste potential mapspace which i could use for awesome models, so i am asking u guys here now if there is a option to handle this without so many triggers, or possibliest without any triggers.
my main prob is, that i have no idea how to get that "stolen attackdamage"-field into the immolation-based ability. guess u know alrdy what i want and where exactly i went stuck.
before i go to sleep now/soon, i'm going to try a last thing by myself; i'm tryin to put that manacost-spelleffect onto a modded vampiric potion-ability, but i don't expect this to work cuz i'm not understanding what i'm doin here.

so, please, if somebody can help me - i aswell as my homies would be very thankful! :)

Level 37

• Untitled Trigger 088
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Item Life Steal to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Item Life Steal for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Item Life Steal for (Triggering unit))
  • Untitled Trigger 088 Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Item Life Steal from (Triggering unit)

Level 3
would this give the lifesteal to teammates too...?
i'm not sure, but for me, this looks as if only the caster would be affected

btw, meanwhile i've decided that i do need a trigger and it is all done so far, but how can i make the dummy follow the triggering unit? can't find the option ~.~

edit:

okay, let me ask my question again. i think i can specify now, what i need exactly.
i need a trigger, that does the following:
if 'bloodlust' is being cast, create 1 'BL# dummy'(*1) for owner of triggering unit, which moves every 1s to the position of the triggering unit.
*1: #=lvl of 'bloodlust'-spell of triggering unit.
if bloodlust is deactivated, kill the 'BL# dummy'.

and it is theoretically possible, that 10 players (2 teams) pick the same (possibly the caster of 'Bloodlust') hero.

a 2nd question:
would such a big trigger need a lot of kb?
bcuz...if yes, i could simply give him a expensive vampirism-aoe-buff, but that's not as nice as if the aura is activateable with manadrain per second.

Last edited:
Level 11
It would take almost no room, and almost take no processing speed.

The thing is how you want the spell to be done, and what other systems you are using in conjunction (using Bribes indexer and damage engine makes triggering spells much easier as a whole).

The way Maker showed you works perfectly, since you add an aura to the caster, it will affect all nearby friendlies.

Level 3
aight, thx, gonna try that in a few min!
but i'm still confused and i want to understand this...

Unit - Add Item Life Steal to (Triggering unit)
Unit - Set level of Item Life Steal for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Item Life Steal for (Triggering unit))

triggering unit would be the caster and i give him 1 "endless" vampiric potion with aoe, right?
this "Level of Item Life Steal" still confuses me...sry, i need to understand what i'm doin there. that ability will end up at lvl20 and i don't see/understand how the lvl of the vamppot is increased.
or, maybe, would i have to give a same-named ability to the hero, without effect, so that it would read the lvl from there and then just add 20 lvls to the items ability...?
T_T

anyway, thx so far for answering, i'm watching that trigger now! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.