• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Valkyrie RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
hmpHePR.png

A Singleplayer RPG by SonofJay

Synopis
This world will burn.. this world will turn into ashes. The Darkness will crawl the land
with its menacing flames and will only leave nothing but screams of the unfortunate. But do not worry young man
as I foresaw a light sipping inside this sinister. You're to travel to a very far place but very near to your heart.
Into your journey you will encounter the Helper, the Bear and the Knight. You must reunite them and bring them to
your journey to find the one who choose who is slain. Fight him, bring him down show him that you're worthy of his help.

But be careful young man as the road that awaits you is full of choices, changes and betrayals. Be careful.

Gameplay
Nothing ground breaking, it takes huge advantage of Warcraft 3's slow hack n slash gameplay and using spells from time to time.
The quests though will try to redeem the map with stuffs like AoS and some other cool stuffs.

Characters
transparent.png
Lord Airuis
oie_transparent.png
Lady Liane

Screenshots

1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg
5.jpg 6.jpg
7.jpg 1 - Copy.jpg

Map Download

Map Size: 65MB

Before you download the map I just want to remind everyone that this is a very early version and only have
little contents at the moment like Heroes doesn't have complete spells yet and there are only one main mission so far.
If you find bugs please do report it. Oh and I haven't tested it yet so I don't really have an idea if its working properly.
Also the map is not protected so feel free to take a look inside the map on the editor
but I doubt you'll find something useful.

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hmmm, 65 Mb is an awful lot mainly because the textures in B2M's asset pack are not properly optimized. If you have BLP lab, I'd suggest doing that. I'm not saying it's mandatory but it would make downloading it easier and if you think it's way too much monotonous work, never fear, you can do like 4-8 a day and it'd be done in about 2-3 weeks I'd guess. The terrain is looking fairly good though I would suggest you replace the cobblestone texture with this one. It's simply more fitting with the high res tiles you're using.

Level 28
Hmmm, 65 Mb is an awful lot mainly because the textures in B2M's asset pack are not properly optimized. If you have BLP lab, I'd suggest doing that. I'm not saying it's mandatory but it would make downloading it easier and if you think it's way too much monotonous work, never fear, you can do like 4-8 a day and it'd be done in about 2-3 weeks I'd guess.

Me, gonna make some laboring like that? HA!

I don't really care if people will download this or not because of the scary filesize, if they do have fun if they don't then I'm cool. Besides my internet is very crappy but I can still download this within a couple of minutes but uploading is the real pain because my upload speed is.. uhm... well lets not talk about it.

The terrain is looking fairly good though I would suggest you replace the cobblestone texture with this one. It's simply more fitting with the high res tiles you're using.

Thanks! Didn't know we have that sexy tile on hive.

Level 30
I am very happy that I visited Map Development for I have saw a great project here. The plot looks poetic to me which is really well-done if you ask me and the terrain looks awesome as always though you should consider on removing the grasses on the Cobble paths for it doesnt grow at those kinds of places as far as I know.

Overall, project looks awesome though I am in doubt if you can finish this because seeing from your projects, they are always abandoned or left out to be honest. Now, let's see how this will unfold.

+4 REP for motivation!

Level 28
you should consider on removing the grasses on the Cobble paths for it doesnt grow at those kinds of places as far as I know.

Didn't notice that, thanks for saying.

Overall, project looks awesome though I am in doubt if you can finish this because seeing from your projects, they are always abandoned or left out to be honest. Now, let's see how this will unfold.

I'm probably one of the most lazy and unmotivated modders here that still keeps making something.

I already know from the start that I won't finish this project that is why I'm uploading the opensource map and will continue to do that every time I made something big and that will continue until either I finish the map or I give up.
6V9S3At.gif

My only project that I almost completed is Dwarf's tale that I didn't release even though its playable and have lots of contents because I'm awesome. The map is just too fun to play to share.
gohPUVG.gif

Level 30
Didn't notice that, thanks for saying.

I'm probably one of the most lazy and unmotivated modders here that still keeps making something.

I already know from the start that I won't finish this project that is why I'm uploading the opensource map and will continue to do that every time I made something big and that will continue until either I finish the map or I give up.
6V9S3At.gif

My only project that I almost completed is Dwarf's tale that I didn't release even though its playable and have lots of contents because I'm awesome. The map is just too fun to play to share.
gohPUVG.gif

Well, what I like on you despite of not finishing your project is you try and try. Keep up the good work and it is okay not to finish this at least you tried though I am not saying that you should just stop this. You might think wrong on what I am trying to convey here.

Also, you might want to ask Stryderzero here in hive also for he knows many terraining packs that might suit your taste.

You might also want to visit Chaosrealm or xgm.ru. The best place to look for terraining resources. :)

Level 28
Well, what I like on you despite of not finishing your project is you try and try. Keep up the good work and it is okay not to finish this at least you tried though I am not saying that you should just stop this. You might think wrong on what I am trying to convey here.

Don't worry, I get what you mean. Thanks.

Also, you might want to ask Stryderzero here in hive also for he knows many terraining packs that might suit your taste.

You might also want to visit Chaosrealm or xgm.ru. The best place to look for terraining resources. :)

No need. ;)

Level 24
I can't do much more than compliment you on the terrain since that's all we have acces to right now. I would however recomend you to use creatures who match and blend into the terrain better than the murlocs do.

Level 28
Thanks guys!

Progress is kinda slow at the moment, I'm working on the map almost everyday spending an hour or 2 on it and the thing that slowing me down is the part where there are red doodads(assuming you opened the map) I already lost count on how many times I almost finish the terrain then remake it again because it didn't really show the right atmosphere I'm trying to create. If this continue I'm gonna consult you guys by finishing a lot of versions of the terrain then ask you what you think really fit the mystery, gloomy, gory, magical atmosphere I'm trying to create.

I'm also trying to decide if I should do the short or long version of the story.

The short version is the straight to the point type where you go here, you meet him, you learn that you kill him and something like that.

The long version is where apart from the main story/quest there are sub story/quest that is slightly connected on the main route, this quests are not required but it will help you going forward as if you do the right stuffs then there will be people or other stuffs that will help you bring down the final enemy which is the Valkyrie.

I'm currently opting on the long version but if I that I can't make it I might lessen the possibilities or just totally ignore it.

I would however recomend you to use creatures who match and blend into the terrain better than the murlocs do.

Such as? I can't really think of other creatures atm.

Level 11
....the thing that slowing me down is the part where there are red doodads(assuming you opened the map) I already lost count on how many times I almost finish the terrain then remake it again because it didn't really show the right atmosphere I'm trying to create. If this continue I'm gonna consult you guys by finishing a lot of versions of the terrain then ask you what you think really fit the mystery, gloomy, gory, magical atmosphere I'm trying to create.

I would say post the screenshots and point out the exact areas where you are have trouble. It would be much easier for me atleast to help out that way.

I'm also trying to decide if I should do the short or long version of the story.

If its a 65 MB map I suggest making it a long version. Content must match size.

Level 28
I would say post the screenshots and point out the exact areas where you are have trouble. It would be much easier for me atleast to help out that way.

Welp, wished I saved some screenshots of the failed experiments. Gonna work on it again after I finish BlackHole Frenzy's terrain.

If its a 65 MB map I suggest making it a long version. Content must match size.

Aye aye.

Level 30
About your question on making a long or short version of the story... I suggest also for the long version for it has the presence of twists I guess which is essential for the story to be interesting. It also makes an interest in the players and readers.

A great terrain such as this should be partnered with a great story so do not just make a short way to it but try to do some effort of lengthening it but still having twists on story and interests on players.

Good luck and I have given my own view of how it should goes. I do quite agree with Razosh on making your 65 MB map size worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.