• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

text based RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm making an RPG where actions, events, and such are controlled by text from the player.

The storyline is that you are in a dream. And after searching around you find someone and have a chat (Dialogue). Text on the screen tells you to choose from A, B, or C and typing A, B, or C will affect gameplay.

----------

*****Major***** revisions done to my map. I have essentially created a starting point for a text based RPG. Also, you get to play as a tiny elf riding a tiny tiger!

Anyway, no one will probably see this, but I'll upload what I have so far.

Attachments

• Searching_beyond [niche].w3m
    107.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Level 15
Try not to feel too downhearted about people not responding, instead perhaps it would be an idea to better explain your goals and what you have achieved thus far, and perhaps provide some screenshots of the system you are tinkering with. Picture's usually grab people's interest more, and will encourage people to download the map to give it a go.

Don't feel disheartened :)

Level 2
Try not to feel too downhearted about people not responding, instead perhaps it would be an idea to better explain your goals and what you have achieved thus far, and perhaps provide some screenshots of the system you are tinkering with. Picture's usually grab people's interest more, and will encourage people to download the map to give it a go.

Don't feel disheartened :)

Thank you. I'm not having much trouble working with triggers. I think coming up with the storyline will be the most challenging aspect of making this map. I'm kind of overwhelmed having to script and terrain everything.

why warcraft 3 reing of chaos?

I don't have frozen throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.