• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Validation Failed - 143 Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there.

I checked this site today for validation of XHMTL 1 Strict and/or being a valid HTML 4.01 Strict and it failed with 143 errors.

Did you ever check if your code is a standart code?

You have massive small mistakes.

So will you never use any strict version of (X)HTML so your code will never look at all browsers the same?

Level 15
Even X/HTML that passes the W3C validator is NOT guaranteed to look the same in all browsers. That said, it would be nice for this site to have compliant HTML, but it's not a huge priority.

Level 11
Even X/HTML that passes the W3C validator is NOT guaranteed to look the same in all browsers.
It's usually LESS likely to display properly if you go for 100% standards compliance.

That said, it would be nice for this site to have compliant HTML, but it's not a huge priority.
I would say it's not priority at all. Making a site display properly using standards-compliant (x)HTML is hard enough from scratch, let alone modifying something as complex as VB to serve standards complaint (x)HTML.

Level 25
Depends what the errors are

If the errors are useless stuff like "Oh, you're using this easy piece of code that's deprecated as opposed to this massive bit that does the same thing but takes up more lines of code!" I think we can ignore those ones

Basicly its stuff like you did not used "" for proberties, forgetting alt(ernatives) for symbols(much), FORGETTING /> and not to use > (its XHTML, not HTML evenmore!), CLOSED divs which are not even open anymore, attributes which are not XHTML anymore (You can't use them) and alot more errors.

All together I think you might fix your code a bit.

I mean Ralle is trying to get a

XHTML 1.0 Transitional
iso-8859-1

document but all he makes is giving XHTML no chance of being a valid XHTML 1.

Basicly, a strict XHTML document does require this changes from Strict HTML 4.01:
-Give your images an alt(ernate)-tag,
-give empty elements (you know what I mean, br's(linebreaks), etc)" />" or "/>" (" />" is for older brrowsers which also should act like we want when you use " />" , but "/>" is also a valid form of closing empty tags
-Use block elements for the side, inline projects for the things inside!
( Icons are INLINE elements, like a's etc)

-Don't forget that blockqoutes ARE NOT MADE for putting a text directly into them. You should create a "<p>" for creating a text line.

Edit: Oh and btw, if you need help, I will help you. Greets

Level 15
It's usually LESS likely to display properly if you go for 100% standards compliance.
I have experienced otherwise. Although, there isn't a huge distinction between decently written HTML that doesn't validate and decently written HTML that does.

I would say it's not priority at all. Making a site display properly using standards-compliant (x)HTML is hard enough from scratch, let alone modifying something as complex as VB to serve standards complaint (x)HTML.
Well, for this site, it's really low priority. Namely, anything else of any importance should happen instead. But for a new site starting out with a freshly fabricated design, it's certainly reasonable to write compliant X/HTML.

Level 25
Basicly its stuff like you did not used "" for proberties, forgetting alt(ernatives) for symbols(much), FORGETTING /> and not to use > (its XHTML, not HTML evenmore!), CLOSED divs which are not even open anymore, attributes which are not XHTML anymore (You can't use them) and alot more errors.

So basically, the boring stuff?

Yeah, I think that's at the lowest priority possible at our current list of problems. I mean, we still have that massive fracking backlog of maps we need to get sorted out and all

Status
Not open for further replies.