• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

v3.0.3 bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I have already played v3.0.3 and found a couple of bugs:
  • I'm not sure about this, but the new quest giver on the Vormur Gardens (the ghost) seems to give two staffs instead of just one. I formally opened the quest and received the staff (-qitems would report me as having it), but I think there was another hero with it. Perhaps the «who you are» option is bugged? {both wands share the same icon; this is my mistake}
  • The "blood elf" Priest, which starts The Betrayer quest, does not seem to have a Claim Reward button.
  • The Lightning Centaur clan lord continues casting his mana draining skill after he died. For a considerable amount of time, being him dead. Is this intentional? {intentional}
  • The footman which used to run back to Tol'Calm back in 2.XX does not seem to give any quest right now, but he has a button to activate it. I did not test this myself. {fixed for v3.0.3a}

Last edited:
Level 8
The lightning lord spell ain't bugged. Its like Nars endless lightning but its an endless mana burn(untill you get out range for it to jump)

Level 11
Also a known issue is the Widgetizing is slightly messed up in this build causing a bit of a delay when you first click on the map, and when you create a game.

This will be fixed in the next build

Now with the Betrayal quest, it seems to be functioning properly, many players have entered the barrens already. I need a little more info on what happened, or what's going on

Rui

Rui

Level 41
v3.0.3a Bug Reports

New bug reports for 3.0.3a.
  1. Last time I checked, the Cleric's spells were not correctly described on the hero selection room.
  2. Something weird happened with the Broodmother. My team attempted to activate VX mode, but we got killed. The Spiderlings, however, did not disappear; they turned invulnerable and lost their collision. We could barely even approach the Broodmother's cave after that; they would run out and attack us. We managed to enter her cave and restart her, but the spiderlings remained. {fixed for v3.0.3b}
  3. The save system is making a few items soul bound when we're not wearing them. This happened because I had leggings I could use on my inventory but I was wearing nothing on the legs slot. Does the item get saved and automatically put on its right place next time we load the hero?
  4. {edit} Hadrith the Jailer does not seem to readjust himself to the number of players. Is this intentional?
  5. {edit 2} Cleave's autocast does not seem to be working. {my mistake}
  6. {edit 3} I have brought you a screenshot of The Betrayal quest priest. He doesn't have any reward to give. {update edit} This apparently only happens to a few players. I don't know if it has to do with you being the first getting there or not, but I do know I have managed to get this reward (I think I was the first getting there after the death of Narith). Yet sometimes it won't present any button, as shown in the screenshot. {fixed for v3.0.3b}
  7. The Herbs quest giver does not give any quest. When you attempt to talk to him, a message displays saying: «ERROR - NULL STRING TAKE A SCREENSHOT AND REPORT TO VEXEN». Well, I forgot to take the screenshot, though. Sorry. {fixed for v3.0.3b}
  8. {edit 4} Because they're stunned while leaping (?), Ghouls will sometimes fly permanently; their height, relative to the terrain, is not 0, that is.

Last edited:
Level 11
I'll have to take a look at the Broodmother thing, several people reported that. I'll find a way to reproduce it and make sure I fix it.

The rest, should be easy fixes if something was overlooked

Rui

Rui

Level 41
My apologies, but the Cleave autocast is indeed working. I thought it wasn't because the Barbarian wouldn't play his spell animations, like he does if you explicitly order him to use it on an enemy.
By the way, I brought you a screenshot of the bug I reported earlier about The Betrayal quest giver.

Level 11
The Betrayal quest has been corrected, part of this:

"Fixed an issue with Beyond Our Gates that interferes with The Betrayal quest"

As far as the items being soul bound, were they equipped at one point when you might have saved? pushing the save button binds all equipment to you at that point that you are currently wearing.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Bug Reports for v3.0.3b

I don't think I had ever pushed the button when wearing the item. It was a lvl8 item which, after leveling up, must be equipped manually. I believe I pushed the save button when the item was still unused but with a level I could use it with.
If I ever get a chance to confirm this, I'll take a few screenshots. It's been a while since it happened.

What about the other bugs, though? Is there anything that prevents you from fixing them? I'll copy them over for v3.0.3b reports.

1. Last time I checked, the Cleric's spells were not correctly described on the hero selection room. They mentioned something about a damage dealing bolt spell, which I believe the Cleric doesn't have.
  2. Hadrith the Jailer does not seem to readjust himself to the number of players after they have left. Is this intentional?
  3. Because they're stunned while leaping (?), Ghouls will sometimes fly permanently; their height, relative to the terrain they're walking (hovering?) on, is not 0, that is.
  4. Power (hero stat) seems to increase a character's Attack Power, but that is not mentioned in its description, unlike Energy, which does state it increases Spell Power.
  5. A few Grunts in Grom'Gol have a NULL text message: the one standing left to the Witch Doctor which by its turn is standing left (player view) of the Tauren Chieftain, and another three Grunts standing behind another Witch Doctor, this one to the right of the Chieftain's Shaman assistant. I'll get you a screenshot if you can't figure out which I'm talking about.

Level 11
Slowly working on them. I try to fix all the major things and fix them right away while fixing the minor stuff over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.