• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

v1.19 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Here's a few preview images for the upcoming version of D3W. Enjoy! :)

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

Level 30
I really don't like the standard Wc3 creeps. They just don't seem very diablo-ish.

I know exactly what you mean :p The main reason for not adding custom models/skins for all creeps in the past was file size. However, now that we've got 4mb extra space I can easily afford to get/make some better models and skins for them :)

I can't guarantee they will be in the next update, but I will get round to it :)

Level 30
I'm just wondering, in the FAQ, it says there will be more than 1 map, has there been any progress on those?
Other than that, it looks great!

I'm afraid this is the only map in production right now :p I work full-time as it is, while holding down a social life, so the time I get to work on D3W is limited at present :p Multiple maps may have been a tad ambitious for me ;)

However! I'm still quite keen to make some sort of PvP map ;) Perhaps a 5v5 AoS featuring the heroes from the current map? Not a clue yet :)

I wanted to get all the bugs and features of this map fixed before I go on to making other maps. Otherwise I'll be fixing bugs in two places rather than one xD

Level 25
I'm afraid this is the only map in production right now :p I work full-time as it is, while holding down a social life, so the time I get to work on D3W is limited at present :p Multiple maps may have been a tad ambitious for me ;)

However! I'm still quite keen to make some sort of PvP map ;) Perhaps a 5v5 AoS featuring the heroes from the current map? Not a clue yet :)

I wanted to get all the bugs and features of this map fixed before I go on to making other maps. Otherwise I'll be fixing bugs in two places rather than one xD

Don't ye have any slaves to do the work for you? Wasn't redmarine into this project a lot? :p
Anyway, keep it up!

Level 30
Don't ye have any slaves to do the work for you? Wasn't redmarine into this project a lot? :p
Anyway, keep it up!

lol yes, but these days its illegal to keep them locked up :( So I'm afraid they're out leading their own lives as well :D

Currently, redMarine and LTGH are helping to test the map, and fix all the known bugs associated with v1.18 :) Currently, we're trying to fix the Camera bug which is proving difficult :p After a while of playing, the camera can get out of sync for some players causing it to shake, or start falling downwards until the player can't see anything. Its a major bug, and is proving quite elusive :p We'll get it fixed though! Even if we have to re-write the camera triggers :p

dansaDisco has been making some incredible new doodads for the map, such as the round pedestal featured in the screen shots above :)

Our other project members currently have nothing to do as their skills are not required at this particular stage of production :)

So don't worry! most of us are busy fixing stuff ;)

Level 3
Very, very nice!:))) Oh, I can't wait to play it:D So um, after you add the Monk as a playable class and fix all bugs and stuff, this map is going to be "finished" ??

Btw, if you need any testing of bugs or any other fan help, know that I would always gladly help! I mean, if I can save some of the team's irritating test work - just tell me! =) I've been giving my best feedback since 1.17 because I really like the map/idea! =)

Level 17
Very, very nice!:))) Oh, I can't wait to play it:D So um, after you add the Monk as a playable class and fix all bugs and stuff, this map is going to be "finished" ??

Btw, if you need any testing of bugs or any other fan help, know that I would always gladly help! I mean, if I can save some of the team's irritating test work - just tell me! =) I've been giving my best feedback since 1.17 because I really like the map/idea! =)

It is not "finished", its far from finished.
We will still need to improve spells, gameplay, adding stuff that the map doesnt have yet, etc.
And you never know when a new bug appears.

And for the testing, currently we dont need any testers.
CloudWolf, RedMarine, Me and a "secret" guy, is enough for testing the map ^^
And i like to test the map, its not like "ohh shit... i have to play it again"..
I just like the fact that i get to try out new content and new systems. That has to be one of the best parts of being a member of the team.
I think i beta tested the entire map 5 times in one day once, that was when we were working on 1.18, our biggest "patch" so far :p

Level 30
Is the camera bugging with the triggers I provided you? In case that's the matter then I may fix that now, at least I think so.
Though that sounds word, out of sync and simply falling? oO

hey again :)

The camera bug symptoms are rather complicated xD Generally it's caused by having a low FPS, or by minimising the game for a while.

The first thing you will notice is that the screen begins to travel downwards when the cam trigger is disabled momentarily (for cinematics etc).

Once the cam gets sufficiently out of sync the camera begins to shake permanently.

Its a bit of a nightmare tbh xD The bug may not even be caused by your triggering. Its possible I've managed to add something that conflicts with your trigger :p

Level 8
Hmm, low FPS and minimising 'should' not affect anything at all, but if you reproduce it... weird.
I guess it's tedious to figure the bugging part out since you gotta play quite a while to realize it, or? Have you tried to turn off several parts of your cinematic triggers etc. for debugging? Though that's probably not as easy as in JASS ^^

Well if you don't get it fixed you may send me the map and I take a look at it, if you want.

Level 3
It's a relief to hear it won't be finished anytime soon! =))) About testing - sure thing, just now I'm always available to help if you need any! =)

Ahh yes, SC2! :D Would you try to make a Diablo3-like map with SC2's editor?:D I've heard it has a great potential.. =)

Level 17
It's a relief to hear it won't be finished anytime soon! =))) About testing - sure thing, just now I'm always available to help if you need any! =)

Ahh yes, SC2! :D Would you try to make a Diablo3-like map with SC2's editor?:D I've heard it has a great potential.. =)

No, we will make other things in starcraft 2.
Check these threads to see what me and CloudWolf plan to make.
http://www.udmod.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24 <-- CloudWolf
http://www.udmod.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30 <-- CloudMax (LTGH)

And after we have done those two match, we may make a map togheter, but im not sure if we will do that yet :p But im sure that we will help each other out somehow in both our maps (atleast i hope CW will help me if i help him xD)

Level 30
Hmm, low FPS and minimising 'should' not affect anything at all, but if you reproduce it... weird.
I guess it's tedious to figure the bugging part out since you gotta play quite a while to realize it, or? Have you tried to turn off several parts of your cinematic triggers etc. for debugging? Though that's probably not as easy as in JASS ^^

Well if you don't get it fixed you may send me the map and I take a look at it, if you want.

I wouldn't worry too much :) We've editted the camera triggering significantly since you made your one :) It's almost certainly due to something we've changed xD

Level 25
I'm pumped to see the Monk in this mod!

By the way, what you should do when the four classes (Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Wizard, and Monk) are working properly and playable for 1.19, you should totally do a gameplay video for each class like Blizzard Entertainment did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.