• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Uther (W.I.P.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3

Attachments

• Uther.png
    Uther.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 348
Level 30
Looks really good and not just Painted or something, you made also some shine into it that makes it realistic but what I see bad is that the symbol looks stretched or not that perfectly drawn.. you can try improving it and your done =)

Level 25
Looks really good and not just Painted or something, you made also some shine into it that makes it realistic but what I see bad is that the symbol looks stretched or not that perfectly drawn.. you can try improving it and your done =)

Listen man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but you should keep quiet in fields beyond your knowledge. I realize you are trying to help the community in any way you can, but this is causing the exact opposite. Your completely inaccurate observations are only encouraging the OP to upload a far-from-finished texture. To clarify: In its current stage, this skin consists entirely of recoloring and un-shaded/un-highlighted drawing (in other words; most of it is "just painted"). There is no "shine", as there are no real highlights, and it certainly doesn't look realistic.
Also, AwzomeWulfzz, trolling definitely isn't helping either. If you have nothing constructive to say, shut the fuck up.

The skin itself is in too early a stage for me to really comment on it. As I mentioned earlier, one thing it really lacks is shading and highlighting. Again, this is obviously a very early WIP, so I can't tell how much you actually know about skinning. If you don't know how to aplly shading and highlights, I suggest you check out some of the 2D tutorials here on hive (this one in particular helped me get started).
On another note, one of the rules for textures here on hive is that they need to have at least 75% freehanded work (this means that you need to have drawn 75% of it, and does not include recoloring, CnP, filters i.e.). Currently most of the armor is freehanded (but still need shading/highlights!), but I doubt this makes up 75% of it. You need to freehand some more (preferably all) of it for this to get approved.

Level 9
Listen man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but you should keep quiet in fields beyond your knowledge. I realize you are trying to help the community in any way you can, but this is causing the exact opposite. Your completely inaccurate observations are only encouraging the OP to upload a far-from-finished texture. To clarify: In its current stage, this skin consists entirely of recoloring and un-shaded/un-highlighted drawing (in other words; most of it is "just painted"). There is no "shine", as there are no real highlights, and it certainly doesn't look realistic.
Also, AwzomeWulfzz, trolling definitely isn't helping either. If you have nothing constructive to say, shut the fuck up.

The skin itself is in too early a stage for me to really comment on it. As I mentioned earlier, one thing it really lacks is shading and highlighting. Again, this is obviously a very early WIP, so I can't tell how much you actually know about skinning. If you don't know how to aplly shading and highlights, I suggest you check out some of the 2D tutorials here on hive (this one in particular helped me get started).

Shadings would be nice I guess. So yeah, calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.